Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holes were drilled. The toolpath is the program I generated only for the cutting of the shapes. I generated another program for the drilling.

How do you guys do it? I normally plan how I want to do my job... then the g-code is broken into the different steps. So for this job I had 2 programs... one for drilling and one for milling.

A bit basic... but I still new to this mah...

Comment

i'm working on a raptor A123 compatiable frame and i'll think that the best endmill for it will be 2mm carbide. However, there will be a couple of 3mm holes on the frame, so right now i'm thinking whether i should use 3mm to drill the holes, and later change to 2mm to contour it, or just use 2mm to contour everything.

What do you people think?

Comment

not sure what the experts say on this one, but I'd drill the holes with a center drill and 3mm drill first. Then use the end-mill to contour it. As far as I can remember end mills are designed to cut better with their sides than with their ends (as opposed to drills which do the opposite), so I prefer to do holes with drills wherever possible.

Raptor frame eh? I see you're testing out your new extended table?

Do post pics!

Comment

haha yea... but busy ... you can check out my blog, i have some pictures of the extended x and the headstock from a2zcnc. When i find time i'll update with the Y base and some pictures of it fixed up.

Comment

I was just looking at the a2z site earlier today... if I ever work on another monster truck chassis then the extended x and y are definitely the way to go!

Pricey though! lol!

Comment

Working...
            X