Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To build a dji f330 or f450 or just get phantom rtf.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To build a dji f330 or f450 or just get phantom rtf.

I'm thinking of building f330 or f450 quad with dji fc.
    But the dji phantom look nice rtf but the part I don't like is the view from inside, got alot of bare green pcb board.

Now still thinking, which direction to go.

It really depends on what you want to do.

If you want to fly a ready-made quad that doesn't need any adjustments then the DJI Phantom would be the one to go for.

If you want to take the time to build your own, set it up, tune it, test it, so that it fly's as you want it, then go for the F330 or F450.

Both my present quads are home-built around the DJI Naza FC with GPS.

Attached Files
    www.rov.sg

Comment

I already got dji F550 with naza fc n no gps. Still waiting for gps to come.
      I want one which is small n still can hover at home when its raining outside.
      Btw have u hover your f330 at home n still can used the gps hold?)

Comment

I don't fly any of my quads indoors, too dangerous.

GPS needs "line of sight" to the satellites, it doesn't work indoors.

iPhones etc often use "assisted GPS" to give an approx position based upon triangulation from cell-phone towers & wifi base-stations when GPS satellite signals are lost. Also the algorithms (also known as a Kalman filter)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalman_filter) used to calculate and predict the next positional fix if you traveling along the road gives the impression that it's still getting GPS when you drive into the KPE tunnel for example.
        www.rov.sg

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	974406

What is your value 1st and 2nd level battery protection "No load" and "lost" for your f330 quads?

Comment

For both quads I have "loaded" values of

1st level 10.5V
            2nd level 10.0V

Flight tests have shown I get approx 1 min from 1st level (LED flashing) to 2nd level (auto land).

My F330 is approx 900g (total flying weight) with 3S 2200mah batt and I get approx 9 mins flight time before reaching 1st level (LED flashing).

My heli-quad is approx 1,200g with the same size batt and I get approx 7 mins flight time before reaching 1st level.

As soon as the 1st level LED starts flashing I get the bird straight back on the deck.
            www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
              I already got dji F550 with naza fc n no gps. Still waiting for gps to come.
              I want one which is small n still can hover at home when its raining outside.
              Btw have u hover your f330 at home n still can used the gps hold?)
              At home, you will get inaccurate GPS signals bouncing off walls, which may lead your quad astray and crash. If you want something indoors, checkout the V929/V949/V959 quadcopters, but those are more like toys.

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
                I don't fly any of my quads indoors, too dangerous.

GPS needs "line of sight" to the satellites, it doesn't work indoors.

iPhones etc often use "assisted GPS" to give an approx position based upon triangulation from cell-phone towers & wifi base-stations when GPS satellite signals are lost. Also the algorithms (also known as a Kalman filter)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalman_filter) used to calculate and predict the next positional fix if you traveling along the road gives the impression that it's still getting GPS when you drive into the KPE tunnel for example.
                I think what happens when the GPS signal is lost is that the acclerometers take over and use something called "dead reckoning".

Comment

Well, I have the V929 and V949. Personally, those are not toy but a smaller version of the bigger quadcopter.

It is a basically a trainer where novice learns how to fly indoor.

You may perhaps try the micro quad and it is fun and really a test of your skill too.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                    Well, I have the V929 and V949. Personally, those are not toy but a smaller version of the bigger quadcopter.

It is a basically a trainer where novice learns how to fly indoor.

You may perhaps try the micro quad and it is fun and really a test of your skill too.
                    I have had both too! They help in orientation and stuff like that, but they tell you nothing about the complexity of FCs. Granted, the V929 has accelerometers, but they have nothing like bigger quads with proper FCs and functions like alti hold, position hold, carefree mode, which really helps make the learning curve of how to fly much smoother. The setup process however, is more complicated with larger quads, and in my opinion, can be more of a challenge if one is not technically inclined.

Comment

I saw in the utube where this guy flew a f330 n phantom in his house. With the lighting, it look cool...

I think my 550 multi is to big to be flown fast and doing stunt when flying in the field. Its good for carrying stuff like camera etc.

That's why I thinking of building a smaller size quads with naza m fc as I'm not familiar with other fc. Btw any other fc that u guys can recommend that is easy to set up or tune?

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                        I saw in the utube where this guy flew a f330 n phantom in his house. With the lighting, it look cool...

I think my 550 multi is to big to be flown fast and doing stunt when flying in the field. Its good for carrying stuff like camera etc.

That's why I thinking of building a smaller size quads with naza m fc as I'm not familiar with other fc. Btw any other fc that u guys can recommend that is easy to set up or tune?
                        Flying in the house can be done, but you won't have the full benefit of the GPS position hold. It also depends on how big your house is.

Naza is almost out of the box instant gratification.

Comment

can't use GPS indoors but you can sure use sonar and infrared for object avoidance on apm based FCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                            can't use GPS indoors but you can sure use sonar and infrared for object avoidance on apm based FCs.
                            Sure you can, but the problem is that cheap sonars don't work well enough.

Comment

I bought all the cheap stuff. It has proven to fly equally well. I guess the skill play an important part too. You don't need a Naza if you know how to configure it.

Comment

Working...
                              X