Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To build a dji f330 or f450 or just get phantom rtf.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perdification View Post
    Just wondering, what happens if you put your quad in a alti hold using sonar, and then shout at the sonar sensor? Hahaha sounds stupid but it's something I would do to experiment with. you could probably shout at your quad and have it run away like a wimp.

Nice find though. Thanks for taking the time to do the research... Just wondering, if you have a lousy microprocessor like the ATmel and a lousy baro like the MS5611 used in the Crius AIOP and WiteSpy, as compared to the ARM Proc and whatever high end baros they use, sonar might play an important role for the stability of these cheapo FCs since their baros are crappier than the Naza?
    Oh i already did that sonar research some time ago... just had to dig it up to find links for u hehe... I'm not sure about shouting at the quad... could try it.. But i think it will just record it as interference... it might respond better if u make a "click" sound same as what the sonar emits normally for rangefinding.

The MS5611 is not a crappy baro sensor!... these are used in the "3rd generation" clone boards and it's been upgraded until it's now the same baro that is used on the original Ardupilot Mega v2.5+!

The crappy ones are the earlier clone versions using BMP085 Barometer.

The APM isn't weaker than NAZA in alt hold... the problem is GPS position hold... NAZA gps is slightly more idiotproof... while the APM 2.5 is upgraded with MPU6000 IMU that offers a single serial SPI port for GPS connectivity, the APM/MWC clones are still using MPU6050 which only has i2c ports available for GPS... very much less stable and prone to interference and errors in flight. (Plus a lot of noobs simply mount their GPS next to the FC, welcome to interference central!)

Did you know that there is a i2c error counter in the multiwii mission planner? hehe... did you ever wonder what thats for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
      Oh i already did that sonar research some time ago... just had to dig it up to find links for u hehe... I'm not sure about shouting at the quad... could try it.. But i think it will just record it as interference... it might respond better if u make a "click" sound same as what the sonar emits normally for rangefinding.

The MS5611 is not a crappy baro sensor!... these are used in the "3rd generation" clone boards and it's been upgraded until it's now the same baro that is used on the original Ardupilot Mega v2.5+!

The crappy ones are the earlier clone versions using BMP085 Barometer.

The APM isn't weaker than NAZA in alt hold... the problem is GPS position hold... NAZA gps is slightly more idiotproof... while the APM 2.5 is upgraded with MPU6000 IMU that offers a single serial SPI port for GPS connectivity, the APM/MWC clones are still using MPU6050 which only has i2c ports available for GPS... very much less stable and prone to interference and errors in flight. (Plus a lot of noobs simply mount their GPS next to the FC, welcome to interference central!)

Did you know that there is a i2c error counter in the multiwii mission planner? hehe... did you ever wonder what thats for?
      I don't think the props make high pitched click sounds though, but they do cause interference. So I guess if you shout loud enough I think it'll have the same effect lol. I just don't want it to be a case where i shout at it and it comes plunging down into my face.

Is the Naza using the MS5611 as well? We should compare the specs on the datasheet between the Naza baro and the MS5611 and see what we find. It's be interesting.

Dang now you make me regret getting the AIOP V2 with the MPU6050. I should've gotten APM 2.5 with the MPU6000 if it translates to less errors between the interfaces... meaning better position hold. How big a difference does it make though? Any video comparisons?

Comment

I don't think the props make high pitched click sounds though, but they do cause interference. So I guess if you shout loud enough I think it'll have the same effect lol. I just don't want it to be a case where i shout at it and it comes plunging down into my face.

Is the Naza using the MS5611 as well? We should compare the specs on the datasheet between the Naza baro and the MS5611 and see what we find. It's be interesting.

Dang now you make me regret getting the AIOP V2 with the MPU6050. I should've gotten APM 2.5 with the MPU6000 if it translates to less errors between the interfaces... meaning better position hold. How big a difference does it make though? Any video comparisons?
        I found some pictures of the insides of the naza here...

The baro is the brown chip with the white dot i think... but I can't make out the details.

Anyway I kept telling you the apm had better hardware but you wanted cheap so....

Comment

I found some pictures of the insides of the naza here...

The baro is the brown chip with the white dot i think... but I can't make out the details.

Anyway I kept telling you the apm had better hardware but you wanted cheap so....
          Lol that's because I didn't know that there was this difference...

Comment

Just go get the apm 2.5. No harm getting an extra fc. I have a few fc. Too.

Lol that's because I didn't know that there was this difference...

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
              Just go get the apm 2.5. No harm getting an extra fc. I have a few fc. Too.
              I already have two. Will have to wait a while before buying another. The harm is on my wallet...

Comment

You can't go wrong with the following FC...

KK, Mwc, Apm, Naza, Wk-m, YS-x6, Ys-X4, MK....This are the few populars ones, If your set can't fly well with these, high chance the problems are you setup or tuning skill.

One should have multiple FC in their arsenal for different needs.

Comment

Is it worth it to get a phantom for around $900 or
                  Just build a f330 or f450 with naza m plus gps for just $600. Since I already got a 9 channel tx n rx.

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                    Just build a f330 or f450 with naza m plus gps for just $600. Since I already got a 9 channel tx n rx.
                    IMHO Get the phantom if you don't have the necessary skills to get a F450 fully working yourself.
                    As much as I love the phantom.. it's only a beginner set because of its designed limitations....

Comment

IMHO Get the phantom if you don't have the necessary skills to get a F450 fully working yourself.
                      As much as I love the phantom.. it's only a beginner set because of its designed limitations....
                      Is the Phantom even Hobby grade? Or is it under the category of "toys" like the AR Drone? It's looks like toy grade to me.

Comment

Another question. How do you define Hobby Grade/Toy Grade/Commercial Grade then? Lol if the Naza is hobby grade then the WooKong would be commercial grade?

Comment

IMHO it would depend upon the use and the individual's own point of reference.

I've read on other forums that some construction companies are using the AR Drone for building inspections, that would be classed as commercial use.

Then you might have someone else that would be happy to spend tens of thousands on a AV set-up for fun.
                          www.rov.sg

Comment

You could DIY a quadcopter at below $250 with FC, GPS, Bluetooth and sonar. The features is far better than Naza. You could even set way poins with the radio telemetry on your android tablet or smart phone.
                            The radio telemetry cost usd30 and the range is about 1mile. This bring the cost to sgd300.

Very cheap but more powerful than woo kong. The name for this is Flying robot.

Originally posted by iz77 View Post

Comment

You could DIY a quadcopter at below $250 with FC, GPS, Bluetooth and sonar. The features is far better than Naza. You could even set way poins with the radio telemetry on your android tablet or smart phone.
                              The radio telemetry cost usd30 and the range is about 1mile. This bring the cost to sgd300.

Can really DIY a quad at $250? I have a carbon fiber frame n have nothing else. Please tell me what to buy within this gadget .

Comment

Where to buy flying robot fc n gps?
                                Is it easy to programme it?
                                Where to get good but cheap parts like
                                Motor, esc, lipo n frame?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X