Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Sailplane

Anyone got a glider they wanna retire? Just hoping to grab one for meself to fly. Electric power prefered.

jethobby has a 2m electric glider for $160 (as shown on his site), u might want to consider that if budget is low. else u can go for those european style hotliners.

2nd hand gliders is not a good idea unless u dun care for performance. dun get me wrong, i'm not saying all 2nd hand gliders are crap, just that it's hard to get good condition ones for a good price.

Comment

Hi Spilopterus

Are you looking for a floater or a hot liner? The two are very different types of gliders.

Han

Comment

Floater or hotliner? I thought the only difference was HLG, Slope Soarers and Electric powered ones.

Well, I'm a beginner. So a 3ch easy to control that can glide well with the power cut off would be great. =) So would that be a floater or hotliner? From the terms, I think I'm looking for a floater. My guess.

Comment

Hi Spilo,

A floater would be one that can really stay up in the air till you get a stiff neck and that's about all it does, Float!

A Hotliner would be like a Speed Demon! With a correct power plant the plane can climb vertical and does amazingly scary dives from height! Does aerobatics and can take whatever stunt you throw at it and will still land in one piece!

Sounds great huh! One trade off is that Hotliners does not really like to float! It will start sinking when you power off and have bad tendencies to drop a wing when you slow it down too much.

Of course there are in betweens like Warm Liners, which can generally float better but not as robust.

Anyway, Hotliners and Warm Liners are difficult to come by locally.

My $0.02

Han

Comment

How experienced are you in flying? I have a really good floater, which I find rather difficult to land as it wants to glide forever, even with air brakes deployed!

Han

Comment

Huh? what model is that floater?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I see. I guess floater should be my kind. Never gets down even with air brakes deployed. i got a 6Ch but as yet, only 2 servos and I'm limiting myself to 3ch for the moment to learn. Yup. Thanks for the offer!

Comment

And hotliners cost a bomb with a good powerplant
                  TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                  Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                  Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                  Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

buddy, I have an ehawk 2000 new NIB, interested? 170, with extra spare propellers... it a good first plane...

Comment

Working...
                    X