Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap?

Hi, saw tis website www.bananahobby.com..
    Their price is super cheap.
    Just wonderling if anyone of u all bought things from them before???
    Cos their price is too cheap to believe.
    Pls advise...

Originally posted by lance84 View Post
    Hi, saw tis website www.bananahobby.com..
    Their price is super cheap.
    Just wonderling if anyone of u all bought things from them before???
    Cos their price is too cheap to believe.
    Pls advise...
    Never buy from them before wanted too but after reading the comments I decided not to. I usually buy from Tower Hobbies or A Main Hobbies.

You should check out their youtube videos, there are a lot of complain about their services in the comment section.

My believe is, there is always a reason for being cheap, they might get 100 customers but 40 will be very unhappy customers.

Just my opinion.

Comment

personal experience only

dear lance84,

greetings and well wishes... this is my personal experience only.. it might be a one-off case... i dunno... quite a while back i order something from there... but it was out of stock... but they did not list it out... after placing order and making payment then they informed me out of stock and either i wait for restock or change it for something else... i thou was quite unprofessional... anyway anyhow i waited for the restock... however i mentioned this to one of my rc buddy and he told me he got the same experience with the same store.. they never restock what he was trying to get and months later my friend "exchanged" what he paid for something else.... anyway anyhow... i decided to drop the whole case as what i ordered wasnt very expensive.... and true enough... till now... they never even bothered to email me back on any status... like i said... this is my personal experience... might be one-off case or due to human negligent... anyway it's been a long time since i last visited this online store... are they still listing a lot of goods with "out of stock" labels? cheers...

mike

Comment

To me it is not very feasible to order large shipping items from the USA. Remember to factor in the shipping cost. I gather from RC Groups that it is still okay to buy their airframe kits without the "shabby" electronics. The again, the culture and expectations there when purchasing something is different.
        Items for Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
          To me it is not very feasible to order large shipping items from the USA. Remember to factor in the shipping cost. I gather from RC Groups that it is still okay to buy their airframe kits without the "shabby" electronics. The again, the culture and expectations there when purchasing something is different.
          Yup, The shipping alone will kill ya...

Comment

It really depends.

For example, I ordered my Multiplex Mentor and Flyzone Switch from Tower Hobbies.

The shipping cost me US$195 but I got US$159 discount from Tower Hobbies.

I checked the pricing with LHS and the Flyzone Switch that I wanted, they want to charge me S$700 plus for the plane while buying from Tower Hobbies only cost me US$278 plus 3 days shipping of US$109. Total, about US$387 converting to S$, i paid only $468.25. I basically save S$231.75! The guy still want to urgue with me about warranty and all... come one, what warranty can you get from a plane??

Similar for my Multiplex Mentor. Getting the kit plus the power pack and servo, it going to cost me over $600 bucks but buying from US RTF version only cost me US$379 plus plus shipping of US$100 over.

Minus the discounts you get, it is a better option.

The trick is, you should sign up for those overseas newsletter and you might get good discounts email to you and when you get a very good discount, it's worth buying there.

Also buying from US, you can get more planes which usually do not get carried here in Singapore.

Maybe we should set up mass ordering service so we can combine all the order and save more on delivery?

Do note, if you purchase more than S$500. our beloved government will tax you 7%

Comment

not trying to promote any hk site but shipping charges from the states is a HUGE no-no. however if none of the hk sites have the stuff you require, then its being caught between a rock & a hard case.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I only buy lipo from USA as they can ship...
                Their prices is about the same as hk including the shipment.
                The rest I get it from hk web, it's cheaper and faster.
                I love PAP

Comment

Hi,

Just to share my opinion, I think its best for you to make purchase from well known online shop such as A Main Hobbies or Tower Hobbies. And its good to sign up for their newsletter as they will give monthly discount coupon.

Also always compare the prices from the local shop to see which has a better deal.

For me, I prefer A Main Hobbies when i purchase stuffs for my rc car. The electronics there are much cheaper than in Singapore even after you add the shipment.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by boliao7378 View Post
                    It really depends.

Do note, if you purchase more than S$500. our beloved government will tax you 7%
                    Take note that the tax is calculated inclusive of shipping. So if you make purchase of SGD$450 but shipping is SGD$60 then you will have to pay tax and singpost will hold your article until you go down and pay tax for the item.

Learn from my mistake and don't repeat it.
                    You are still a newbie when your heartrate is governed by your headspeed...

Comment

Originally posted by mnekap View Post
                      Take note that the tax is calculated inclusive of shipping. So if you make purchase of SGD$450 but shipping is SGD$60 then you will have to pay tax and singpost will hold your article until you go down and pay tax for the item.

Learn from my mistake and don't repeat it.
                      Will they send you a letter or notice informing you that your parcel is being held?

Comment

Yes they do. I got "taxed" once from my parcel of diecast cars from USA.

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                        Will they send you a letter or notice informing you that your parcel is being held?
                        Items for Sale:

Comment

Last time when I ordered some stuffs and use UPS to shipped, they don't hold my items. They will still send the items to my door and later send a letter asking me to pay the tax.

Comment

In fact, you can tell the on-line shop to do something.. So that you will not be tax
                            I love PAP

Comment

Working...
                            X