Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining belt tension while installing tail boom

Is there any smart way of maintaining the tail belt tension while tightening the tail boom clamp? Besides getting another person to help, of course.

I find that the belt loosens slightly the moment I start to tighten the tail boom block... maybe there is some technique that I'm unaware of?
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

dude.. why is this thread in the marketplace?

anw my secret technique is to hold the heli tail facing me using my feet on the landing skid, then one hand pull on the tail casing and the free hand tightening the boom clamp.

abit yoga-ish and extreme but gets the job done.

cheers!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

My apologies for the wrong location to post, and also the trouble to mod to move the thread...
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

You tie a rope to the tail of your heli and the other end tie it a table leg or window frame. Then you pull the heli towards you and you can feel how much the belt tension you want.

To prevent the belt tension loosen. You tie the head of your heli to another end, in this way, the belt tension will not loosen.

Comment

Chinese method of killing a traitor... "5 horses split the corpse"

I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by yacsf View Post
            You tie a rope to the tail of your heli and the other end tie it a table leg or window frame. Then you pull the heli towards you and you can feel how much the belt tension you want.

To prevent the belt tension loosen. You tie the head of your heli to another end, in this way, the belt tension will not loosen.
            You shackle the nose to a pole ... and shackle the tail to car below bumper then gradually move the car forward and tighten them slowly.