X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF: G-Force DX7 neckstrap adaptor

as above
    Heli:
    . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
    . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
    . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
    . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
    . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
    . Ok Model Medallion
    . E*Star Storch
    . ElectriFly S.E.5a
    . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
    . Canon 7D & 500D
    . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
    . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
    . Canon 85mm f1.8
    . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

excuse my sailor mouth.. should be "WTB: G-Force DX7 neckstrap adaptor"
    Originally posted by CKS
    as above
    Heli:

Plane:
    . Ok Model Medallion
    . E*Star Storch
    . ElectriFly S.E.5a
    . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
    . Canon 7D & 500D
    . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
    . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
    . Canon 85mm f1.8
    . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

I bought mine from NTC..

(was wondering what is "WTF" )

Originally posted by CKS
      excuse my sailor mouth.. should be "WTB: G-Force DX7 neckstrap adaptor"

Comment

Ohhh.. i didnt know NTC started bringing in Gforce products.. however .. plz let me know if anyone letting go

on IRC .. WTF means 'what the fish' .. u know.. sailors spend some time out fishing

Originally posted by mave
        I bought mine from NTC..

(was wondering what is "WTF" )
        Heli:

Plane:
        . Ok Model Medallion
        . E*Star Storch
        . ElectriFly S.E.5a
        . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
        . Canon 7D & 500D
        . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
        . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
        . Canon 85mm f1.8
        . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

wtf

i think maybe its want to find...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
          sigpic

Comment

not sure if it is the Gforece version. But the one that I bought has carbon fibre extension to hold the neckstrap. Please see picture.

Also, I think I owe you an answer to a question you ask many moons ago.
            The tools that remove a screw with a strip head is called a impact driver. Here is how it looks.

Originally posted by CKS
            Ohhh.. i didnt know NTC started bringing in Gforce products.. however .. plz let me know if anyone letting go

on IRC .. WTF means 'what the fish' .. u know.. sailors spend some time out fishing

Comment

Originally posted by mave
              The tools that remove a screw with a strip head is called a impact driver. Here is how it looks.
              I do not know what the original question was, but looking at the 2 posted pictures, are you saying to use the impact drive on the screw that looks like the hex slot is worn out on the TX? Well, to use impact drive, you have to hammer REAL Hard on the drive to even have a hope of getting the screw to start turning, and even then, the screw needs to have some semblence of a hex slot still available. By the time you have finished hamnmering the drive, the TX will be in many pieces, and removing the screw will be the least of your worries.

If you are thinking of removing a mushroom head philips screw that has the hex slot completely rounded off, like what I think the first picture seem to show, then a simple way is to carefully cut a slot right across the head of the screw then use a plain screwdriver to turn the screw. Don't cut too far down the head or the head will just break off when you turn it.

A tool we use in aircraft maintenance to remove screws with rounded off slots, a very frequent occurrence, especially with those idiotic offset slotted screws used by a certain European aircraft manufacturer , is called "Easy Out" (actually a misnomer, cos it's hardly ever easy to remove the screw with this tool!)

To see what the tool looks like go here: http://www.toolprice.com/c=FVefJUYqE...sy+out&x=0&y=0

The tool comes in various sizes to suit various sizes of screws and bolts to remove. It looks a bit like a tapered 4 sided rod which has been twisted in the "Opposite" direction to a normal screw thread. To use it, first you drill a small hole through the center of the screw you want to remove. Then you insert an "easy out" of the appropriate size such that the tip of the tool fits in the drilled hole. Now you turn the tool in the "unscrewing" direction. Since the tool is twisted in the reverse to normal direction, the tool wants to screw itself into the stuck bolt, and, due to its tapered shape, jams itself tighter and tighter in the hole drilled in that bolt. At the same time, the tool will try to twist the stuck bolt out.

That is the theory, practice is much harder, and not always successful, especially when removing smaller screws or bolts.

Good Luck!

Comment

nah, the Tx is to show the neck strap balancer that CKS was looking for in this thread.
                The first pic shows a good button head Hex screw.

the impact driver is used in my heavy industry.
                But I guess if we can moderate the impact, we can use it on lighter application.
                Cheers!

Originally posted by DL8698
                I do not know what the original question was, but looking at the 2 posted pictures, are you saying to use the impact drive on the screw that looks like the hex slot is worn out on the TX? Well, to use impact drive, you have to hammer REAL Hard on the drive to even have a hope of getting the screw to start turning, and even then, the screw needs to have some semblence of a hex slot still available. By the time you have finished hamnmering the drive, the TX will be in many pieces, and removing the screw will be the least of your worries.

If you are thinking of removing a mushroom head philips screw that has the hex slot completely rounded off, like what I think the first picture seem to show, then a simple way is to carefully cut a slot right across the head of the screw then use a plain screwdriver to turn the screw. Don't cut too far down the head or the head will just break off when you turn it.

A tool we use in aircraft maintenance to remove screws with rounded off slots, a very frequent occurrence, especially with those idiotic offset slotted screws used by a certain European aircraft manufacturer , is called "Easy Out" (actually a misnomer, cos it's hardly ever easy to remove the screw with this tool!)

To see what the tool looks like go here: http://www.toolprice.com/c=FVefJUYqE...sy+out&x=0&y=0

The tool comes in various sizes to suit various sizes of screws and bolts to remove. It looks a bit like a tapered 4 sided rod which has been twisted in the "Opposite" direction to a normal screw thread. To use it, first you drill a small hole through the center of the screw you want to remove. Then you insert an "easy out" of the appropriate size such that the tip of the tool fits in the drilled hole. Now you turn the tool in the "unscrewing" direction. Since the tool is twisted in the reverse to normal direction, the tool wants to screw itself into the stuck bolt, and, due to its tapered shape, jams itself tighter and tighter in the hole drilled in that bolt. At the same time, the tool will try to twist the stuck bolt out.

That is the theory, practice is much harder, and not always successful, especially when removing smaller screws or bolts.

Good Luck!

Comment

Mave & DL8698 .. Thanks
                  Ive gotten the adaptor from NTC too .. so shall end my "WTB" thread here
                  Heli:

Plane:
                  . Ok Model Medallion
                  . E*Star Storch
                  . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                  . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                  . Canon 7D & 500D
                  . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                  . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                  . Canon 85mm f1.8
                  . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

went 2.4 bro? why do u need the balancer?

Comment

my 9xII 72.xxx with antenna fully extended and lipo batt for tx still bottom heavy.. sometimes restricting the sticks movement becuz they're resting too near on my stomach!

Originally posted by detach8
                      went 2.4 bro? why do u need the balancer?
                      Heli:

Plane:
                      . Ok Model Medallion
                      . E*Star Storch
                      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                      . Canon 7D & 500D
                      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                      . Canon 85mm f1.8
                      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide