Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS (NON-RC): BP Solar Panels

Got the following panels for sale:

1.4watts 12v rated, 110mah Solarex Panel (now called BP solar)
    Size: 32cm (L) by 13cm (B) x 1cm (H)

Asking S$100

5watts 12v rated, 400mah Solarex Panel
    Size: 50cm (L) by 50cm (B) x 1cm (H) - Approx size.

Asking S$170

Both units installed with diode protection to prevent current 'backflow' to the panel.

Useful for field charging of 12v SLA batts, portable & small enough for expeditions & powering field equipment like GPS & Sat phone.

Reason for selling: Gotten a big ass 20watt panel. :P

Take both for S$250.

PM if keen.
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Any picture to show ??

QUOTE=9VDXN]Got the following panels for sale:

1.4watts 12v rated, 110mah Solarex Panel (now called BP solar)
    Size: 32cm (L) by 13cm (B) x 1cm (H)

Asking S$100

5watts 12v rated, 400mah Solarex Panel
    Size: 50cm (L) by 50cm (B) x 1cm (H) - Approx size.

Asking S$170

Both units installed with diode protection to prevent current 'backflow' to the panel.

Useful for field charging of 12v SLA batts, portable & small enough for expeditions & powering field equipment like GPS & Sat phone.

Reason for selling: Gotten a big ass 20watt panel. :P

Take both for S$250.

PM if keen.[/QUOTE]

Comment

erm..very hard to show in picture...coz the panels are all 'orr-lu-lu' meaning black black...

If I take with flash, there will be reflections....if i dun take with flash, then it's just a black piece of board.

Feel free to arrange a day&time to view if u are keen.
      I can show u the whole setup.

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Show u wat i meant with 'orr-lu-lu' picture with my 20w panel....The 1.4w and 5w models looks similar, but of a diff make, not siemens.. Dimensions are according to what i stated.

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

can that be used in place of a 12v batt at the field to give limitless power for starting?

JR 9x
          Raptor 50 SE
          Raptor 90 3D
          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Brandon, for uninterrupted power, it is supposed to work hand-in hand with a 12v SLA batt...

Simplest connections would be parallel connections from panel to SLA batteries to powering source.
            But for my 20watts setup, it is panel to charge controller (aka battery charger) to a bank of 50ah SLA, then to powering source.

Unless u get an even bigger ass panel like a 50watter or above that can supply about 4amps or above, it is hard to use the panels as a standalone power source. And FYI, currently a 20watt panel is already as big as one of your standard HDB window, measuring about 70cm by 40cm. You won't wanna bring these to the field for usage....

That's why smaller panels are pretty useful. But smaller and efficient panels come with a price. When i started playing with big solar cells during poly days, a stupid 5watts can be as big as the 20watts I have now....then they started to reduce sizes and become more efficient.

I'm still waiting for the latest Japan kyocera cells to be commercially available. Now they have something like the size of A4 paper, but power output is almost 10watts!
            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Where can I view.
              Can I power up a lamp or fan ?

Originally posted by 9VDXN
              Show u wat i meant with 'orr-lu-lu' picture with my 20w panel....The 1.4w and 5w models looks similar, but of a diff make, not siemens.. Dimensions are according to what i stated.

Comment

Originally posted by bpiccmt
                Where can I view.
                Can I power up a lamp or fan ?
                Bro.
                One question..dont know much about Solar panels..
                What do you mean by 1.5watt and 5 watt..
                For 1.5 watt, what can I use it for ??
                Thinking of modifying it for used in the car to extract hot air out..
                Thanks

Comment

Solar cells as the name is called "cells" should be treated like a battery.
                  It is rated 1.4watts at 12v ratings, using the formula Power = Volt x Current, you get a about 100mah figure at 12v. Meaning at full sunlight, the solar cell is able to supply a current of up to 100mah at 12v.

how many devices are rated at 12v 100mah? not much unless u wanna power a series of LEDs or small computer fans running at 5v.

So if given u r running your device at 5v rating (eg. computer fans), 1.4w at 5v ratings should give u about 280mah. if your fan is rated at les than 280mah, the 1.4w panels should be able to run well in the day.

More advisible way would be to hook up to your car 12v supply as 'additional' cell. IE. your car batt is 40ah, adding the solar cells for an assumed 8 full hours of sunlight will give u an extra 800mah to your batts each day using the 1.4w panels. this will also help to trickle charge your car batts to maintain it, or help to supply some power for your alarm system.
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

5watts panel withdrawn from sale.
                    Just found out that there's a worldwide shortage for smaller sized high output panels..

Just selling my 1.4watts panel at this moment.

Bump.
                    [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                    X