• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS - SkySurfer (Custom Modded) & BNIB Phoenix2000 Glider

Hi everyone,

Wish to clear these 2 planes from the hanger. Details are as follows:

1. SKY SURFER (1.4M)

- I purchased the Spare Fuse, wings and Stabs as a project and custom modded it to carry my GOPRO Hero3 as an aerial platform. Mods were done with a purpose to strengthen and be practical at the same time, giving the performance upgrade and capability the SkySurfer deserves. It has less than 8 flights since it's maiden and works well with no vibrations on the video. Condition is excellent with no bumps, bruises, breaks or cracks! A sample video is available for viewing when you come to view the plane at my place. Reason for selling is largely due to the fact that I have changed my aerial platform needs.

Mods done are:
    - Basswood spar running mid fuse to rear to strengthen the narrow rear fuse end.
    - CF flat strips added in wings from mid to tips to prevent the flex commonly seen when you pitch the plane down.
    - 2 pairs earth magnets at wing joiner section.
    - Rudder & Elevator servos moved to rear end of fuse with shorter arms for better authority
    - Ply Lipo tray added in cockpit area so the lipo has a better place to sit and allows adjustments to COG if needed,
    - Simple Plywood frame box for the GOPRO Hero3 to sit in at the top nose of the plane. I added a strap to keep the GOPRO secure. It is a snug fit and has never had issues or fallen out. (*Note: The GORPO is fixed without the protective casing as it's way lighter. I also use a lens protector during flight)
    - Turnigy 2836 2200kv motor with custom PVC pipe Motor mount. It is a collar and cap PVC joint which is Gorrilla Glue secured. The Cap is a snug fit into the collar with the motor mounted via screws to it. The whole unit inserts into the collar on the fuse and held in place with 2 screws from the side. Easy motor swap by removing the 2 screws, pushing out the cap with the motor and replace! Runs am APC 6x4 EP pusher prop!
    - HobbyWing Skywalker 40A ESC mounted top deck open for better cooling! Wires run externally so removal of esc or motor is fuss free!
    - Painted it the way I like it!!...LOL!

Other Notes :
    I purposely built the SkySurfer to carry my GOPRO Hero3 specifically and balances at the stock COG point with a 3s2200mah lipo perfectly. The Turnigy motor provides way more thrust then the stock crappy motor does and coupled with the 40A ESC, no heat issues. Flights can get into the 10 - 20min range if you can get good glides! The Gopro mounts with no interference from the nose so you can get a clear video.
    It can be flown without the GoPro by adding something of equal weight to the nose. I have my 3s2200 lipo velcroed both sides so I can stick on a 2s1300 pack or 3s750 pack to it and regain the stock COG with no camera. Reason for this was a future plan to add FPV equipment allowing me to carry a seperate pack possibility.

Selling as PnP! No Rx No Lipo

I would not recommend this to a beginner as it has a stronger power set and a beginner would have to ensure you have the proper COG balance with the rear mounted servos. However if you understand these mods and have the means to work with it...it is possible.

Pics are below for clarification.
    Self Collect at my place in Pasir Ris only. Sorry, no deliveries. I don't have the box either as I bought them as spare parts. No PM's please. Whatsapp or SMS 97430734 (Tim)

Selling at SG$120 PnP

Click image for larger version

Name:	ssurf0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	998401

Name:	ssurf0002.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	998402

Name:	ssurf0001.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	998403

Name:	ssurf0004.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	998404

================================================== =================================================

2. Lanyu Phoenix 2000 2M EPO Glider PnP

- BNIB! Bought this as a second glider and replacement to my main glider, but never built it nor touched it since purchase...lol! Don't want it to go to waste sitting and doing nothing. It is a great glider, though with some minor niggles once retified, flies beautifully. Reviews on RCGroups have said good things about it.
    - Eveything is still in the Box and in it's packing! Bought 4 months ago NEW. Opened to only inspect parts.

Pic is below for clarification.
    Self Collect at my place in Pasir Ris only. Sorry, no deliveries. No PM's please. Whatsapp or SMS 97430734 (Tim)

Selling SG$150

Name:	phoenx0001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	998405

================================================== ===============================================

If you need any further clarification to the models above, please feel free to call me instead!
    They are all in excellent condition and are flightworty! Please, no ridiculous offers or suggestions! Reservations for 2days only, are based on first confirming tele-contact. Genuine RC hobbyist please. No lowballing will be entertained.

Thank you and hope to hear from fellow RC hobbyist! Cheers!

UPDATE!

- SKYSURFER Reserved for collection today!

- PHOENIX 2000 2M Glider (BNIB) : still available SG$150

Comment

UPDATE!

Still Available :
      - PHOENIX 2000 2M EPO Glider BNIN PnP : SG$150

SOLD:
      - SKYSURFER
      * Great buyer, great time chatting and very appreciative! Thank you sir!

Comment

Closing this thread to consolidate. Please refer to :

Comment

Bro, Very nice Skysurfer build
          I liked your motor mount mod, can you please share the part details that you used? Motor mount, details of PVC pipe etc?

Comment

Hi Rahul, Sent you a PM. Lemme know! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X