X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Blueangle,

Thank you for sharing your finding.
    The washers are there to act as vibration damper / cancellation mainly for nitro-engined helicopters only, for electric heli it is not necessary to have them, you can remove them for your electric heli if you wish.

For you other queries, we can perform a check on your Robird by meeting us at the field.
    Please give me an email and we can arrange for a session with you at the field to check through your settings FOC.
    It helps narrow down the root of your problems on the spot.

P/S : Am not sure about this yet, but can you confirm if the -40 / -50 on your JR is reducing sensitivity or increasing sensitivity.
    As far as we know, Futaba "minus" values are reducing sensitivity, whereas JR and Spektrum "minus" are increasing sensitivity. Kindly correct us if this assumption is wrong.

please email to sales@skyhobbies.com.sg, leaving your name and contact so I can contact you for an appointment.

Many thanks

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
    Hi I have a few question for the Robird.

In the beginning ...
    being new to everything heli, Robird and FBL setup, I learnt some here from webpage, some from Youtube, so I did not fully understand FBL, Robird and its instruction, thus did not really follow the steps to setup the heli.
    So I adjusted the elev , pitch and tail servo's EXPO to -40 to -50 on my JR ( less sensitive at neutral ) and find it very easy to hover and take off, or at least to my liking and skill level, and hover for 2 packs zero incident, touch wood !
    I did not change anything from the Performance page of the Robird software. I believe it was still at SPORTS mode. ( option : SPORTS or 3D mode )
    I basically just eyeball everything and trim via transmitter.

When I start to understand more about the Robird and decided to RE-setup the heli all over again.
    This time, I managed to correct my mistakes on the swash , Collpitch, max, min pitch, 8 degree step. All the steps are OK...
    In the beginning, I left all the software setting at default, except the servo type and norm / reverse.

Then I decided to follow strictly and leave all my TX at default linear throttle curve and pitch curve. EXPO to 0%.
    Then at Performance page, I checked the EXPO all to -40.

I get lots of fluttering when spool up. The tail vibrated quite badly at certain rpm below headspeed and the sticks seems too sensitive as if there were no EXPO on the servos.
    Now I a little afraid to lift the heli in the air because the heli would pitch and roll very significantly. It never felt like this in the beginning which had my setup anyhow anyhow do ... maybe I was lucky I hit the sweet spot LOLX

So now I plug in the USB, got to the performance page, and I start putting EXPO to -40 for both swash and tail servos.
    Then I put :
    both EXPO -40%.
    EleAgility / AilAgility = 1100
    EleRate / AilRate = 18

Question :
    What happens when I need to do subtrim to correct drifts to the left or right, front or back, when the collective is centered.
    Do I go to the Robird software to trim or I can use my JR to trim ?
    Or those clickable buttons on the transmitter face , or go to Sub-Trim menu to make the correction ?
    note : My JR XG7 clickable trim buttons does not affect the Sub-trim in the menu. Both are independant. Well.. as far as I know...

What about EXPO ?
    If say I do not wish to bring my million dollar Laptop to the field to plug my USB and wish to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks, can I use my transmitter EXPO function to trim down / up instead of going to the Robird Performance page to edit ?

Oh yes, one more issue I need to bring up, is Robird inside has 2 metal washers glued together and stuck to the bottom of the cover's bottom half.
    However mine got loosen and it had a rattling sound. I opened it up and the metal washers were loosen and running like monkeys inside.
    I removed it all together.
    I think this "stupid" washer is there to weigh the device down so it is not top heavy. Good idea. But cheap way of doing things.
    Any reason why Robird wants to do that ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128796[/ATTACH]

Cheers !

This is my first FBL and first gyro and I am amazed with Robird G31 performance so far. One great product !

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
    Tel : +65 6293 3968
    Official You Tube Channel
    FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES View Post
      Hi Blueangle,

Thank you for sharing your finding.
      The washers are there to act as vibration damper / cancellation mainly for nitro-engined helicopters only, for electric heli it is not necessary to have them, you can remove them for your electric heli if you wish.

For you other queries, we can perform a check on your Robird by meeting us at the field.
      Please give me an email and we can arrange for a session with you at the field to check through your settings FOC.
      It helps narrow down the root of your problems on the spot.

P/S : Am not sure about this yet, but can you confirm if the -40 / -50 on your JR is reducing sensitivity or increasing sensitivity.
      As far as we know, Futaba "minus" values are reducing sensitivity, whereas JR and Spektrum "minus" are increasing sensitivity. Kindly correct us if this assumption is wrong.

please email to sales@skyhobbies.com.sg, leaving your name and contact so I can contact you for an appointment.

Many thanks
      Hi Derrick you are right about the EXPO being +positive to reduce sensitity. I was looking at the graphical display on the transmitter instead of the numbers.
      Anyway, I did really went through the setup again last time slowly just to be very very sure it was my mistake... well ok I think I could had missed out something on the setup. My mistake previously I guess haha
      I repeatedly entered some arbituary numbers on the EXPO, waited for the save function. Unplug USB, then restart the software and connect to Robird again and it held its data correctly without fail each time.

Well still I would like to know how you guys adjust EXPO on the field. It is a MUST to do it on the Robird's software [Performance ] page or I can simply fine tune a little say +/-10 EXPO on the field.
      Any implication ?

Found my problem to the Fluttering. Fine tuned my Head speed and pitch and it goes away. Took a few iteration though..

Thank you so much for your time to reply my queries
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
      X