Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cularis at OHR on 8th October 2012

OMG that looks really goood bro... So tempting to get it as well... Anyways how did you find it? Comparing against the easyglider pro.?

I flying the easyglider pro at the moment and was thinking of upgrading it.. The cularis did come to mind but the reviews online aint so promising...

May i also know what were the other choices you had before making the decision to go for the cularis?
    Regards,
    Xuen7

SELLING
    2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
    Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
    Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
    Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
    MCPX parts / kit etc..
    Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Xuen,

The Cularis is a big step up from the Easy Glider Pro. It's a heavier and more stable ship. It also has flaps and almost full length trailing edge control surfaces, which allow you to use camber for thermalling and reflex for fast dives. The Cularis is no hotliner, but she sure can dive and does whistle as she flies by.

My Cularis has been my primary aircraft for over 5 years now and is my absolute favourite plane to fly. She has logged over 500 sorties and more than 160 hours of flight time at last count, making her my longest lasting airplane. And she still looks decent as you can see from the photographs. This has been my best investment in any model aircraft, and allowed me to learn about full house gliders before I moved on to bigger composite full house planes. But at the end of the day, it's the Cularis that I always keep in my car for a quick morning sortie whenever I have the chance.

I'll be honest and tell you it's not an easy plane to set up right the first time. There is a lot of trial and error with the elevator compensation with regards to the flaps, but after about 10 flights or so, you'll get it. Also, the wing servo connection (while very well thought out) is prone to losing connections, so I have had my fair share of asymmetrical control surface landings!

I have no regrets at all with the Cularis, and if anything, it has helped me become a better pilot.

Safe landings!

Cheers!

Comment

Xuen,

Another plane you might want to consider is the Pilot Model Mace which has the same wingspan as the cularis. It's not as forgiving, but she flies faster as she has a sleeker profile. Or if you want something a little smaller, then the Paprika II looks like a good option. I don't have first hand experience with the Paprika II, but I do have experience with the original Parika, and that too is a lovely plane to fly. Fast, stable, and a pussy cat to land. Only thing is, the V tail is not removable, making the Paprika vulnerable to damage during transport and storage. The Cularis disassembles completely flat into my homemade bag.

Comment

Working...
        X