Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWS warbird zero

this is my second attempt at doing this here is my new zero ...( my first built plane)

now I have to try and trim this bird out to fly ..any suggestions on expo and DR on the 9chp ??

cheers Doug

nice job~~

Comment

I cant remember my expo on the spitfire. All I remember is IT IS SUPER sensitive Dial in at least -30 expo? Let us know if u need help to maiden ..... fast take off and fast landing......

Good to see u moving fast

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Errr... I happened to have one
        I have triple rates:
        Low rate:
        D/R 50%
        Exp +15

Middle rate:
        D/R 85%
        Exp +15

High rate:
        D/R 140%
        Exp +15

So far I think my middle rate setting gives me the best control but on windy condition I will switch to High rate. Low rate...seldom use...achieved the setting using Trial & Error. Perhaps someone can give me some references.
        Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
        Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
        Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
        Things to Sell:
        - T-rex 450XL NIB
        - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

zero wing incidence

The zero has been known to balloon upon power up, hence u must put negative incidence of about 5mm at the trailing edge of the wing and also limit the elevator throw to about 5-10mm travel up and down. I set up mine this way after some advice from friends in the flying field and it flew like a pussy cat. You can be extravagant on the aileron throw though.
          Go back in one piece to fly another day.
          Having fun yet?
          36.39mhz
          40.77mhz

Comment

ok took her out for a fly was bouncing along ( neded less elevator as she keept climbing at neutral) but then as I was doing a turn she suddenly went into a nose dive and a could not pull her out of it ...what went wrong?????? this is the second time that this has happened

Comment

Originally posted by Tele
              ok took her out for a fly was bouncing along ( neded less elevator as she keept climbing at neutral) but then as I was doing a turn she suddenly went into a nose dive and a could not pull her out of it ...what went wrong?????? this is the second time that this has happened
              same thing happened to my corsair as well.. csisfun knows abt it. lol!

til now, have no idea why...

rifqi.
              this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

how hard did u bank? what did u turn with? u might need to add in more throttle as u bank into the turn, if the stall speed is very high. Have u tried the 5 things before u went for a full-flight?

1)No power glide testing

2) STall testing. STall Angle testing.

I forgot 3,4,5 will get back to u on this.... I'm currently mentoring under a real pilot. Learnt quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tele
                  Doug,

Maybe you pulled too much elevator and caused a stall. Did you feel that the plane was unresponsive as you tried to pull some elevator and then it suddenly nose dived?

Comment

Your elevator theow is way too much, the two elevator halves are not on the same plane and the zero went into a snap and then a spiral spin (Very hard to recover unless you have height and ruffer control). Reduce your throws for the elevator and check the level of the two halves of the elevator before the next flight.

Comment

ok the two halves are equal but i was at full trim on the negative elevator to keep it going too high and was going to brin the bird down to a closer level when i gave some -ve elevator and then it went into a spiral ..I will reduce the throw and see how it goes.

thanks guys :0
                      will keep you posted

cheers doug

Comment

try increasing your speed.

Comment

i was using a 1047 on it initaly ( till I broke all of them) I have since gone down to a 0960 using 3 cell and jet hobbies 16amp outrunner

do you think that will do?

Comment

Try to keep the weight down, use a high Kv motor with 2S. or low Kv motor with smaller 3S battery e.g 700mAh

Comment

For my case, there is only a slight climbing at neutral. Infact I make the plane head heavy to counter this problem. Only use 3 channel control, no rudder though. And the most important thing is is to get a powerful motor. So when it stalls, no problem of recovering. Prop size I'm using is 8X6E APC.
                              Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
                              Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
                              Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
                              Things to Sell:
                              - T-rex 450XL NIB
                              - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Working...
                              X