Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 Jul 2005 DHJW FunFly

Hi all. With the rain gone, the flyers were back in action at the JW field. Today's lineup : Kokelim 's cool pair of gliders ( both were floating high up so well on such a windy day), Fuse's powerful Multiplex Space scooter ( only plane that cut thru the strong wind effortlessly and flew inverted too ), Loyn's home made shooting star with alierons and elevator control, able to do loops and his J3 club fitted with aerial camera ( but damn ! the video set up was not working !! ), Alvin's GWS SS also battled the wind and survived 2 hard landings and Spidey came with his GWS Formosa but did not fly because the wind was too strong. I braved my 20" terserex profile glider and the wind carried it away to the other side of the field - lost complete control !! The micro dragonfly plane managed a bit better and finally tested the depron tomahawk piper again - this time with some alieron on the right wing ( as suggested by Astro and Mechplas and it went up in the air !! . Managed to fly it briefly for a while before the wind forced it down. That about wrapped up the funfly this morning.

More pics :

Comment

Some more pics. Loyn's shooting star and the depron piper tomahawk with alieron on right wing ( thanks to Astroboy & Mechplas for their feedback ).

Comment

hi sci_fighter

nice meeting u...and thanks for the nice pics.

finally manage to see how a micro flies, most spectacular i must say and it sounds like the real thing! wish i had brought the vid cam today

loyn, thanks again for collecting the t-shirts ...lets all wear it next week for a shoot

ps:sci_fighter, either something wrong wif your camera, or it seems like i put on weight...doh gotta cancel buffet dinner for tonight

Comment

Wow nice pics there!!! Must have been a great day to fly after a heavy downpour. No wind and cooling... Can see Loyn is the first to wear the DH Polo shirt at our JW field ya! Ya lets wear it next week for some photo session ya!!!

Comment

No wind .... ......wait long long...... ......it is so strong only fuse's and the glider able to fly properly .....it just pickup after the rain and blowing all over the place.....scary weather. May be I am too late lor .....at the field only at 9.30....in fact thought nobody will be flying with such heavy rain. The field is wet man

Guys thanks for the pic.....ya lor nobody put up with the polo T accept me .....cant believe I can ware S ......use to ware L lor

This wk may not able to make it on Sat ......C how lor .....have to work

Comment

Wow...can see that you guys were having great fun yesterday. The morning rain really "knock me out" on my cozy bed. Too tired for the past few weeks and didn't really have a good rest for such a long time....
              For the Love of Flying...

Comment

Rain olso knock me down, plus some family problems too. Hope can make it down next week.

Comment

dont worry guys muddy field not good to fly.
                  and the gusty wind is hard to fly.
                  lets hope for better days this coming week.
                  i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Last Sunday morning was very windy and also gusty
                    at times...none the less, was a nice Sunday morning of get together.
                    I was very impressed with sci-fighter micro, which was battling with the wind.
                    Btw, thanks for the lovely pictures taken by you.

Hope to see you guys next Sunday.
                    Cheers...

Comment

Looks like a fun day and place to fly Hmm I stay in the west. Can I join you guys? Got a Slow Stick though

Where's the location?

Comment

will try to make it to join u guys this sunday..
                        really need help to fly my repaired SuperCub.. fly once and crashed
                        .. lot of tape fixed at the front area.. donno can fly or not....
                        sigpic

Comment

Mod Firebird

Loyn, fuse. Wanna fly my mod Firebird this weekend??

Comment

wah dual servo aileron! got flaps not? just my 2 cents, dun u think they are a tad bit too small?

Comment

No flaps, just elevon mixing.

Just trying out only. If response lousy, then will consider 'enlarging' the aileron.

Comment

Working...
                              X