Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 First day funfly.........

Here are some pictures of our outing at Tuas first day of 2012!!

WooT!

beautiful
    The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Very nice pics indeed, good to see fellow flyers enjoying themselves. A bit concerned however, about a few things that I'm beginning to see at Tuas.

Firstly, there is a pile of litter building at the location where these photos are taken. I am not saying the flyers in the photos are responsible, but maybe if you see anyone littering indiscriminately, kindly remind them that it is a public place, no matter how remote. Maybe a simple litter clearing after every fly session would help.

Secondly, on days when the scene is really happening, I noticed some flyers parking their cars until it causes obstruction. I don't want to say so openly how they park, but the area has fast moving lorries and there could be a serious accident.

Thirdly, I spotted some flyers with FPVs. Please take note that this is a sensitive issue and has already been discussed at length on these forums. A few times I spotted our country's AWACs plane flying directly above the flying field. I am not well versed in technical details about radar and stuff, but maybe we should exercise caution.

Like the bros in the photos, I too try to fly at Tuas whenever I can because it offers some things other flying fields don't. However, let's not forget that if we cross the boundaries, Tuas might be placed out of bounds to us in future.

Again, I emphasise I am not saying the flyers in these photos are responsible. But if you know of anybody who is creating a problem, kindly remind them we have to protect whatever local flying sites we have, or we would not be able to enjoy this wonderful hobby.
      Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by kiply View Post
        Very nice pics indeed, good to see fellow flyers enjoying themselves. A bit concerned however, about a few things that I'm beginning to see at Tuas.

Firstly, there is a pile of litter building at the location where these photos are taken. I am not saying the flyers in the photos are responsible, but maybe if you see anyone littering indiscriminately, kindly remind them that it is a public place, no matter how remote. Maybe a simple litter clearing after every fly session would help.

Secondly, on days when the scene is really happening, I noticed some flyers parking their cars until it causes obstruction. I don't want to say so openly how they park, but the area has fast moving lorries and there could be a serious accident.

Thirdly, I spotted some flyers with FPVs. Please take note that this is a sensitive issue and has already been discussed at length on these forums. A few times I spotted our country's AWACs plane flying directly above the flying field. I am not well versed in technical details about radar and stuff, but maybe we should exercise caution.

Like the bros in the photos, I too try to fly at Tuas whenever I can because it offers some things other flying fields don't. However, let's not forget that if we cross the boundaries, Tuas might be placed out of bounds to us in future.

Again, I emphasise I am not saying the flyers in these photos are responsible. But if you know of anybody who is creating a problem, kindly remind them we have to protect whatever local flying sites we have, or we would not be able to enjoy this wonderful hobby.
        I love FPV especially after watching overseas videos of FPV flying over mountains with the eagles. However, Singapore's land area (or airspace) is simply too small for FPV and we have no choice but to abide to IDA/CAAS rules. Even in some countries that are much larger than Singapore, their authorities are also clamping down or setting restrictions on FPV.

It could be that those who now fly FPV in Singapore do not know that it is illegal without permit. So if we see anyone in Singapore flying FPV, for the sake of future aeromodelling it is our responsibilities to refer them to this thread http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65146 and to inform them politely to stop their FPV immediately.

If they still do not cease and give the don't care attitude, it is our responsibilities to take photos of their FPV activities and their vehicle numbers and report them to the authority.
        sigpic

Comment

Totally agreed ! some on guys... thanks to Kiply for bringing this up . About time..

Comment

i mean come on guys..

Comment

OK... lets get back to topic because the pictures that were taken on this certain day is not the day that FPVs were flying.

Nonetheless, thanks for the advisory.

BEAUTIFUL PLANES BTW!!
              The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Working...
              X