Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Scale Bf-109 at RCS 2010 on 17th October 2010

This giant scale Bf-109 available from Aerosmith Hobby RC was flown to entertain spectators, fliers and Guest of Honour, Dr Lee Boon Yang and Disinguished Guest, Col. (NS) Andy Tan before the prize-presentation ceremony.

hmm....... something don't looks right

Oh I get it the landing gear is just too far apart as compare to the real thing and is too straight too.

Comment

Originally posted by loyn View Post
      hmm....... something don't looks right

Oh I get it the landing gear is just too far apart as compare to the real thing and is too straight too.
      Yes, you are right, the landing gear is not in the actual position, which is suppose to be right at the edge of the fuselage beneath the the wing. The actual design is for easy detachment of the whole wing for servicing, transportation etc... And the landing gear is at an angle.

For scale Bf-109, the real challenge is to replicate the less than 90 retracts and the retract must be strong enough to take the weight at an angle. I guess you know what I mean...

Thanks for the comment.

Cheers

Happy Landing..

p.s. Going to see the real stuff at Hendon RAF museum later...
      Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Its a beautiful plane. No doubt. Flies like the real thing. I love it!!!
        Helis;
        Align Trex 27cc - 90size MD500e Bretling.
        Align Trex 700N - 90 size Bell 222 Blue
        Align Trex 500 - UH60 Coast Guard
        Align Trex 600 - EC145
        Trex700E-Flybar-Trainer
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Futaba 8FG TX-mode1/Pheonix Sim

**I told u to fly, not crash..**

Comment

Originally posted by freeman View Post
          Yes, you are right, the landing gear is not in the actual position, which is suppose to be right at the edge of the fuselage beneath the the wing. The actual design is for easy detachment of the whole wing for servicing, transportation etc... And the landing gear is at an angle.

For scale Bf-109, the real challenge is to replicate the less than 90 retracts and the retract must be strong enough to take the weight at an angle. I guess you know what I mean...

Thanks for the comment.

Cheers

Happy Landing..

p.s. Going to see the real stuff at Hendon RAF museum later...

hi bro, using all stock?
          lipo how many s and mah?thx

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
            hi bro, using all stock?
            lipo how many s and mah?thx
            Yes bro, it is flown with stock motor(3526 520KV) and ESC (50Amp). The battery used was Dualsky 2000mAh 4S 35C for that flight. It is more than enough for it to fly around for about 10 minutes. It can goes up to 2650mAh 4S as it has a very spacious battery compartment that can take up to 3200mAh easily.

Happy Landing.
            Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Aerosmith rocks!!
              Helis;
              Align Trex 27cc - 90size MD500e Bretling.
              Align Trex 700N - 90 size Bell 222 Blue
              Align Trex 500 - UH60 Coast Guard
              Align Trex 600 - EC145
              Trex700E-Flybar-Trainer
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Futaba 8FG TX-mode1/Pheonix Sim

**I told u to fly, not crash..**

Comment

Yes bro, it is flown with stock motor(3526 520KV) and ESC (50Amp). The battery used was Dualsky 2000mAh 4S 35C for that flight. It is more than enough for it to fly around for about 10 minutes. It can goes up to 2650mAh 4S as it has a very spacious battery compartment that can take up to 3200mAh easily.

Happy Landing.
                Got some 4s 4000mah lipos 25c lying ard.
                Will it be too heavy?
                Thx

Comment

Hi Vincent

How about the corsair? Does it need 4s to fly? What about 3s? Maybe you could tell more about it.
                  Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                  Having fun yet?
                  36.39mhz
                  40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                    How about the corsair? Does it need 4s to fly? What about 3s? Maybe you could tell more about it.
                    Hi Chegu,

The stock motor is rated at 520KV. So for 3S, the voltage might not be enough to drive the plane. As for battery size, 2200mAh is good enough, and with the very large battery compartment, using a 4000mAh battery should not be a problem, provided the CG is within limit..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
                      Got some 4s 4000mah lipos 25c lying ard.
                      Will it be too heavy?
                      Thx
                      400mAh battery weight should not be a problem. The plane can carry a lot of weight. With 2200mAh, the plane is buzzing around at 1/3 throttle..

Comment

400mAh battery weight should not be a problem. The plane can carry a lot of weight. With 2200mAh, the plane is buzzing around at 1/3 throttle..
                        Tot of getting the yellow mustang but after see the me -109 make me change mind again....

Comment

had the previlage to fly with the owner of this beautiful bird. Very detailed weathering done and flies very well. 2 thumbs up!!

Comment

Originally posted by skysea View Post
                            had the previlage to fly with the owner of this beautiful bird. Very detailed weathering done and flies very well. 2 thumbs up!!
                            Hi bro,

Thanks for your kind words...

Comment

The real Me-109 from Hendon RAF museum

The real Me-109

Comment

Working...
                              X