Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try panning shot with my first DSLR

Try out panning shoot using my very first DSLR, just got it last week Still a noob, hope to hear comments from pro here.

Bokeh shoot with the 50mm F1.8 Lens

First try of Panning a flying object, takes me a million shots to get a few good shot

P.S. is there a guy call Vincent around who uses a Sony Alpha A350 and a 300mm lens who shoot my buddy's Corsair (Same plane i shoot) at OHR, hope you can reply here, wish to learn some stuff from you, the shoot you did at OHR is AMAZING!

BTW, most shots were rubbish, burst shot a million times just to get a few nice one

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie View Post
      P.S. is there a guy call Vincent around who uses a Sony Alpha A350 and a 300mm lens who shoot my buddy's Corsair (Same plane i shoot) at OHR, hope you can reply here, wish to learn some stuff from you, the shoot you did at OHR is AMAZING!
      The guy Vincent you are referring to is vincopter
      «Kira'sHanger™®»:
      HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

Originally posted by kiratime View Post
        THANKS! will PM him for tips :P

Comment

Not me lah ...

Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Try out panning shoot using my very first DSLR, just got it last week Still a noob, hope to hear comments from pro here.

Nice shots with cool looking plane and background

Comment

Originally posted by yongteck78 View Post
              Nice shots with cool looking plane and background
              ya rite, so good to u, still throw my plane on the floor and damage it

You better repair for me lor

Comment

Bokeh shoot with the 50mm F1.8 Lens

I think his nick here is sonyalpha

Comment

ya rite, so good to u, still throw my plane on the floor and damage it

You better repair for me lor

Haha, how can u say someone who have not flew a funjet before to hand launch for you lol. I will pass you the glue for repair .

My funjet lthe eft side missile broke again while launching the plane yesterday at OHR. I am still learning to hand launch lol...

Comment

you anyhow whack only...

2 in a row...you are hilarious and a helpful guy...
                    Kedi AH !

Comment

Yo hoppie, Got an Sony Alpha?Im going to get mine soon too
                      Plane 1:
                      FreeWing F-15
                      Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                      GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                      Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Corsair at OHR on 11th Oct 2009

I am the person who photographed the Corsair you are referring to at OHR. I have attached the two photographs of the aircraft as it was coming to land.

I was using the Alpha A350 set at the highest megapizels setting (to retain the sharpness of the subject when I cropped the photo) with an ISO of 400. The lens I used is a Minolta Apo 300mm/F4 lens.This is a high quality lens with a fixed focal lens. As the lens is made for a 35mm camera, the focal length of the lens will be 450mm on my digital camera. The photographs were taken on shutter-piority mode at a fixed shutter speed of 1/800 second. I had to use this shitter speed to prevent camera shake as I did not use a tripod, I also set my camera on continuous focussing mode and partially depressed the shiutter button to focus on the plane as it was coming down. As it was the only attempt for a landing, I shot a few photos while following the plane in my viewfinder. I must also express my appreciation to Yong Teck for flying the plane very well and for the good lighting that was present.

Comment

Photographing a moving object while panning the camera

Panning is a technique for retaining the sharpness of the main subject while blurring the background. It is especially suited for moving cars, cyclists and runners.

There are a few pointers to remember.

1) Set camera to Shutter-speed priority mode.
                          2) Set a camera speed which is lower than 1/the focal length of the lens you are using. eg. if the focal length of the lens is 135mm, set a shutter speed lower than this eg. 1/100s or 1/80s.
                          3) Use a long focal lens if you have one.
                          4) Mount the camera on a tripod that will allow you to track the subject across your viewfinder smoothly. If you are not using a tripod, hold the camera steadily with elbows close to your sides and track the subject.
                          5) Shoot in continuous mode for several shots. You will find one that you like.
                          6) For a distant subject, invest in a good quality zoom lens such as 18-250mm.
                          7) You may want to experiment with spot focusing on the subject rather than the wide-focusing area.
                          8) Set an ISO of 200 or 400 according to the lighting and subject condition.
                          9) Practise often and you will be good at the technique.

PS. If the background is very further away from the subject, it will be more out of focus, .

Comment

For Panning, set to Shutter Priority and set a low shutter speed. The speed to set depends on how fast the subject is moving vs how much motion blurr you want to create in the background. Obviously the slower the subject, the slower your shutter speed have to be.

In this example, taken for fun, my settings are:

1/25 sec
                            f/14
                            ISO - 100
                            Focal Len: 60mm

Taken about 5 in the evening.

On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
                            Dynam Hawker Tempest
                            Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Oh another thing, when panning, pan with your body, not with your neck.
                              On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
                              Dynam Hawker Tempest
                              Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Working...
                              X