• Show
Clear All

* Bling * i just got paid !

Lookie here

Things I bought today ... and will be only for the month:

01 X pack of main gears. 2 main gears, nothing else. $17
    01 X new align 120 v2 swash. $59, after discount only $50 ~ 51
    01 X metal arms. LOW $40++before discount, after discount
    01 X carbon fibre standard boom, but not going to use yet.
    01 X tail housing, to return to adrain.

simple review, pre test flights. coz no batteries, all not charged

Align V2 Swash:
    Advertised as 13g, but actual weight, 15g!
    The center 'ball' (silver part) moves VERY smoothly without slop.
    On the whole, the swash has not detectable slop/free play, but then, it is a little tight, as though there is grease in the bearings. But, not a problem there
    Finishing is rather nice, smooth and firm, and looks secure. Hopefully no swash seperation.

My stock CCPM swash: 17g
    New align v2 swash: 15g

Align Metal arms:
    Stock plastic arms: 7g
    Metal arms: 8g

Removes majority of the slop from the flybar, i'll say it is a good sign so far. Everything feels smooth but firm. I'll have to charge my batts before i can check if there is any fluttering when powering up.

I'll post again laters

Wah bling wars really begun man
    TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
    Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
    Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
    Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

hehehehhe I like playing this game

bling ...bling ...bling!!!!

its just waiting for the mega 4t and and cc25 with bec to be mounted. then with the double gyro stabliser and the camera .....well you get the picture

Comment

Charged my batteries a little, enough to power up the motor.
        Tied my heli down to the ground, and powered up.

Tracked to wooden blades to spot on, powered up to the max, blades are only like ... 1mm apart. THerefore in flight, at any amount of power in any situation, the blades should still track spot on.

Comment

ha, my DIY carbon tail fin is also 3g. But due to lack of materials, i have to design it with the best I can, which makes it rather ugly, but it works the same

Comment

wah piang ... seriously, I am shaken..... a little..... I prefer them in silver tho

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
              wah piang ... seriously, I am shaken..... a little..... I prefer them in silver tho

Cheers

Mike
              yeah its amazing what 2m sodium hydroxide will do 15 sec and they are no longer blue

and it looks much better close up .... and big

be carefull with loading up the heli while tied down ..good chance to for something to break ..but way to go to get them so well tracked

Comment

I was stress testing the arms. They passed with flying colours I tried again, no flutterings, SPOT ON. I'll give it 9.5/10 for the arms. 6/10 for the swash.

Price for performances, this is how i grade them.

Comment

hey TELE!
                  where can u get the main rotor housing from?
                  VERY NICE!!!
                  sar.ratha@me.com
                  DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                    hey TELE!
                    where can u get the main rotor housing from?
                    VERY NICE!!!
                    rotor hub from a guy in the states ....( did a swap for a set of grips from champion) grips from champion, arms align, swash SHS shogun ( 90' and as well as 120')

dont ask about price ...I dont want to think about how much

Comment

Hey Genexis

Have u tried the new main gear and new THub? Both are new. The New THub is with 4 O ring. The new main gear is like the tail gear type... Propeller type.

Super-Hornet

Comment

i like/want your rotor hub!
                        hehehe
                        how do i get one?
                        sar.ratha@me.com
                        DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                          Hey Genexis

Have u tried the new main gear and new THub? Both are new. The New THub is with 4 O ring. The new main gear is like the tail gear type... Propeller type.

Super-Hornet
                          The new main gear is just another repackaging of the main gears.
                          Instead of the old $14 for 1 main, 1 one way, and one lower gear, now $17(before discount) for 2 main gears. Cheaper crashes

The new hub is also instock, but i don't intend to get it because it is only suppose to help you correct your tracking and slop, but with the arms, the tracking are already spot on.

Btw, i amusing raptor tail grips as my main grips. This is also one of the 'must have' mods i'll recommend. IT really HELPS. Significantly. before i upgrade to the metal parts, my tracked woodens will open up at around 3/5 of the throttle. THis is when it is weighted down, meaning lots of stress on the blades. With the raptors, it opens up at a higher throttle.(which also means higher pitch). All in all, you CAN feel the difference. It is the same weight(4g) as the stock, and a lot easier to install.

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                            i like/want your rotor hub!
                            hehehe
                            how do i get one?
                            go to runryder and look for steph2800 or you can get it from sparrow parts too ..I think its a bit cheaper there

Comment

Hi Genexis... I not sure whether your 2 main gear packing u bought from where but I saw it in Jet Hobby is that it is newer type. Look closely and u will see that the spokes is a propeller type.. just like the tail gear.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                              X