Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie looking for rc hilux

hi,
    i'm interested to get a rc hilux high lift, can anyone advise me on what are the stuffs that i would require? would any 4ch tx be able to use for the truck?

where can i get the truck itself? does it come as a complete package, with chasis and body, etc? or everything is bought separately?

thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by hardnail View Post
      hi,
      i'm interested to get a rc hilux high lift, can anyone advise me on what are the stuffs that i would require? would any 4ch tx be able to use for the truck?

where can i get the truck itself? does it come as a complete package, with chasis and body, etc? or everything is bought separately?

thanks all!
      Hi, a 4Ch transmitter, usually a stick control is more than enough to run the truck.

The truck doesn't come quite complete, allow me to explain

1) Do you want to run it with no sound and lights?
      Some people dont mind. If this is the case then buy a simple esc when you buy the hilux kit. This config will let you shift gear and run the truck with no sound and lights.

2) Do you want to run it with full lights and sound?
      This config allows you to run the truck very realistically.

Check out the video
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwUj5NJw-k

If this is how you want to run it. You will have to buy the Tamiya light and MCU (mutilcontrol unit)for hilux plus the Hilux kit The MCU already comes with an integrated esc so dont buy a separate esc!!!.

Config 1 will cost you abt S$600 or under (500 Hilux kit +100 for esc)

Confi 2 will cost you about S$1050or under (500 Hilux kit + 550 for mcu and light units)

You can get it from any authorised Tamiya shops.

Text me if you have more questions (96160992)

Comment

HI bozora,
        thanks for the reply.

the sound and lights kit is cool, but i guess i will go without it for the time being.

i do not have a tx at the moment, so looking at those used ones in the marketplace, just any normal, simple 4ch tx + rx can work? is there anywhere that i can read up on the info for different tx? those tx for helis or planes can work as well?

thanks!

Originally posted by bozora View Post
        Hi, a 4Ch transmitter, usually a stick control is more than enough to run the truck.

The truck doesn't come quite complete, allow me to explain

1) Do you want to run it with no sound and lights?
        Some people dont mind. If this is the case then buy a simple esc when you buy the hilux kit. This config will let you shift gear and run the truck with no sound and lights.

2) Do you want to run it with full lights and sound?
        This config allows you to run the truck very realistically.

Check out the video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwUj5NJw-k

If this is how you want to run it. You will have to buy the Tamiya light and MCU (mutilcontrol unit)for hilux plus the Hilux kit The MCU already comes with an integrated esc so dont buy a separate esc!!!.

Config 1 will cost you abt S$600 or under (500 Hilux kit +100 for esc)

Confi 2 will cost you about S$1050or under (500 Hilux kit + 550 for mcu and light units)

You can get it from any authorised Tamiya shops.

Text me if you have more questions (96160992)

Comment

HI bozora,
          thanks for the reply.

the sound and lights kit is cool, but i guess i will go without it for the time being.

i do not have a tx at the moment, so looking at those used ones in the marketplace, just any normal, simple 4ch tx + rx can work? is there anywhere that i can read up on the info for different tx? those tx for helis or planes can work as well?

thanks!
          A simple 4ch stick Futaba transmitter brand new will cost you abt 150 with everything including receiver and servos for the truck. Give Winnie of SWAN model a call and happy building

Cheers!

Comment

hi bozora,
            thanks, will search for the contact.
            just saw your videos on the rc bikes, very cool!

will check out the hilux stuffs first... before looking at other toys!
            thank you.

Originally posted by bozora View Post
            A simple 4ch stick Futaba transmitter brand new will cost you abt 150 with everything including receiver and servos for the truck. Give Winnie of SWAN model a call and happy building

Cheers!

Comment

hi bozora,
              thanks, will search for the contact.
              just saw your videos on the rc bikes, very cool!

will check out the hilux stuffs first... before looking at other toys!
              thank you.
              No problem bro, the hilux is a great and scale looking 3speeders.

Comment

Working...
              X