Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From your KFC, I learnt a lesson:
    That a plane that seems to fly but slowly descend in the weak wind condition might not have the optimal CG.

I remember seeing your KFC flew but then it slowly descended into the bushes, suggesting a heavy airframe(or weak wind condition). But after you adjusted the CG backwards and did nothing else, the KFC just floated around as if suspended by strings! COOL!

A good trip and many lessons learnt about Flying RC planes!

Originally posted by Ghostfit
    Okay, ...here's the final 2 vids as promised.

Here is the modified "Bat flying wing, AKA clone of the GP Slinger, Zagi,Bee, blah blah blah"
    Central Finned Zagi type

And here a video of the KF CrossBow (AKA KFC) showing how well she flew !
    KF CrossBow in action

Thanks for viewing !

Comment

Originally posted by mave
      From your KFC, I learnt a lesson:
      That a plane that seems to fly but slowly descend in the weak wind condition might not have the optimal CG.

I remember seeing your KFC flew but then it slowly descended into the bushes, suggesting a heavy airframe(or weak wind condition). But after you adjusted the CG backwards and did nothing else, the KFC just floated around as if suspended by strings! COOL!

A good trip and many lessons learnt about Flying RC planes!
      Yup ! ...it took 2 tries to get the optimal CG position !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Joe Yap and Tony Chang (Ghostfit)... thank you.

You'll never know the happiness you have brought me with the birth of the KF CrossBow. I have watched your video many times with great pleasure. And, this thread is wonderful and very enjoyable to read. The food also looks fantastic. It is a beautiful location to be with family and friends and fly those wonderful birds. But, here I am on the other side of the world in Yonkers, New York, U.S.A. and I can still share in your fun. It is truly amazing.
        You might like to know that the KF airfoil concept came from a paper airplane that I created over forty years ago (shown below). It has taken a long time for acceptance of this idea, but the wait has been worth it. And, I am pleased to see how many people responded to the artful design of the KF CrossBow and the way she flew. Thank you again for giving me such a great gift. I will never forget you guys.

Dick Kline

Comment

Hi there Mr Kline,

Welcome to our local forum !

ps: For the benefit of the other bros here: Mr Dick Kline is the inventor of the Kline-Fogelman (KF) airfoil.
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
          X