Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first CP Heli... (just another TrexX)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first CP Heli... (just another TrexX)

Have learnt a lot from the guys on this forum so far. Thanks to all for all your help.

I may try to paint a canopy soon but for now I just decided to use some decals from my car decal collection.

Let me know what you think.

Btw, some of you guys might notice that I've cut 2 small holes in the canopy just under the swash.

I noticed that the Etec1700 lipos were quite a tight fit in the canopy and after putting them in the two levers that control the aileron links would rub the shell. This initially made it difficult to lift the heli off with the canopy installed because when the levers hit the canopy the pitch lever couldn't max out its travel to provide necessary pitch for lift.

After cutting the holes no more issues with lift.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL..... simply beautiful

Comment

those stickers are from a 1/10 nitro cover rite?

heheheheh
        i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

thanks guys.

Yup, those are some leftover stickers from a 1/10 car decal sheet. They fit quite nicely though...

Comment

Nice! Nice decal also.

Keep it up.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Wah... Mark thats cool.....

I wanna use my TXT sticker

I see u missing 2 white stopper at the front of the landing skid

Hey u still have those "rubber" u slot into the landing skid? Would like to have some

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                Wah... Mark thats cool.....

I wanna use my TXT sticker

I see u missing 2 white stopper at the front of the landing skid

Hey u still have those "rubber" u slot into the landing skid? Would like to have some

Cheers

Mike

White stoppers? Yeah... I'll put those in tonight... I don't like to CA anything together. lol!

That's why the landing skids are not CA-ed to the struts as well. The "rubber" stoppers are doing a great job of holding them in place.

You want rubber stoppers? Sure. Actually they are just silicone tubing from my nitro car.

Additional tip: Use silicone tubing on the two extentions on the battery tray as well. They do a great job of preventing the batt from sliding with a velcro strap attached.

Comment

Bloodclod:
                  U might want to coil some of your aerial wire somewhere. hanging it like that will have it catch on the tail and main rotor

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                    Bloodclod:
                    U might want to coil some of your aerial wire somewhere. hanging it like that will have it catch on the tail and main rotor
                    I'll try to do that but the electron wire is just soooo long.

It's clear of the tail rotor though... from the pics it just looks a little closer than it is.

Comment

Actually hor... try not to coil or run your antenna in parallel to your vertical landing skids. The V Landing Skids is a conductive metal. It will affect your range.

Super-Hornet

Comment

coool paint/stickers job much beter then my job..... a pro in action

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                          Actually hor... try not to coil or run your antenna in parallel to your vertical landing skids. The V Landing Skids is a conductive metal. It will affect your range.

Super-Hornet
                          That makes sense so I should attach it to the plastic landing strut instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Tele
                            coool paint/stickers job much beter then my job..... a pro in action
                            Thanks! I've seen the pics of your helis and they look great - so coming from you it's really a compliment.

Comment

Working...
                            X