Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crabby
    Ya that's the video I am refering to Cool manz...
    as for Chinooks, It can even 'land' on water surface(more like hover juz above the water with gears up, body half submerge in water) for SOF to board on rubber diggy. Dunno if SIN does that anot.
    singapore Ch47 don't do water landings.. its just cost too much for maintenance for a water landing... Chinooks does not have a retractable gear , FYI

Comment

Originally posted by xrbeast
      singapore Ch47 don't do water landings.. its just cost too much for maintenance for a water landing... Chinooks does not have a retractable gear , FYI
      Hahaha u got my mistake... u r right Chinook doesnt have retractable gears... hee hee. Was in Rockhampton in 2001 & the residents there was so amused by the our Chinooks at their airport. Many will stand outside the airport fence juz to take pictures of it. Now, with Apache in service I think they will be there as well... however, US troops use the training ground for other time of the year. Was in heli unit while doing my reservist so many chance to take these birds. Esp so in Super Puma...flew so close to the tree lines...at night scary manz
      Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
      Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
      Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
      Things to Sell:
      - T-rex 450XL NIB
      - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

If I am not wrong... all the present U.S. made helicopter that has/uses wheels do not retract...except Bell Textron helicopter (retract completely) and Stallion and Super Stallion (I think it retract partially). (Airwolf is actually Bell Textron helicopter).

I think Sikorsky Super Stallion can also land on water like Chinook.

(The helicopter in transformer is Stallion...older version of Super Stallion)

SH

Comment

It happened again Last time before the real thing...

Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
          Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
          Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
          Things to Sell:
          - T-rex 450XL NIB
          - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Working...
          X