Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress on the Spitfire

Here are some pictures of the progress

I didn't have the time to take more picture, busy over the Singapore airshow. But the fugelage is now very smooth and beautiful

Got to wait till I get back to London to continue...

Comment

More flying wings?

This winter is very very long! The weatherman say next week maybe more snow coming!

I haven't flew for months!

Winter build status - finish what I can with the Spitfire Mk XI. Waiting for my retract to be delivered.

While staying at home and getting bored, I started another project - I like the X-48 very much, so I guess it is just another Zagi. So I started to build it.

My collection of planes waiting for warmer weather!

Comment

I've been so busy with work, only managed to squeeze in a few minutes of building every now and then - hence the very slow progress on my 66" Spitfire. Sigh!

Comment

Nice one, but don't forget the wing fillets. It'll make a big difference.

Comment

Really? I am quite lazy - I thought I would short-cut the wing fillet.

OK, I'll take your advice and build it. But what is the difference if I don't use it?

Comment

Originally posted by MeePokMan View Post
              Really? I am quite lazy - I thought I would short-cut the wing fillet.

OK, I'll take your advice and build it. But what is the difference if I don't use it?
              It'll look much more scale than a 'chuck glider.' Putting them in is like adding muscles to the model.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've updated the post. Here are the pics of my Spitfire that was painted in July.

I kept the warbird in my attic while I had some many visitors (Mom, MIL etc..) staying with me at home. So, my build stopped.

I started a Sopwith Camel project (2m wing-span). Will post some pics when I have time.

Indian Summer in London - loving it!

Comment

X-48 Flying wing?

Hi guys! Wanted to post this project of a flying wing modelled after the X-48?

It flew very well but not as fast as a Zagi. More like a glider.

I even added a caricature of Che Guevara!

Will post pics of my Camel next!

Comment

Originally posted by MeePokMan View Post
                    Hi guys! Wanted to post this project of a flying wing modelled after the X-48?

It flew very well but not as fast as a Zagi. More like a glider.

I even added a caricature of Che Guevara!

Will post pics of my Camel next!
                    Is it me or is your son's eyebrows and smile parallel to the swept back wings?
                    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                      Is it me or is your son's eyebrows and smile parallel to the swept back wings?
                      in picture 1
                      Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Working...
                      X