Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rc1q2w3e4r
    Thanks, glad you guys like it...

It indeed took some time to post as I presonally prefer to remote link for larger pictures straight away rather than having to click on thumbnails.

Each picture is only around 17 - 35 Kb and hope it doesn't take long to load.

Enjoy ...
    Thanks Ken!
    Wonderful pics man...I like the inverted 3D pic you captured with extra330 and the hyperion Snipper 3D.
    Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby
      HI guys...
      Juz curious about the Mako Jet... how's the flying characteristics? The set up etc...
      Nice to see such a cool jet...
      Hi Crabby,
      Limited experience on the Mako Jet...

(pay attention to post #18)

Post all pictures and videos here. Alternatively, you can upload pictures and videos at the Photo Gallery.

Looks very good in the air, flightpath looks smooth and stable. Size may be a little small for long distance flight (pilot also has to continually track the small "spacecraft" to avoid mis-orientation due to the unconventional shape).

I don't expect it to have mind-boggling aerobatic capability. Loops and rolls should not be a problem though. Build it light, don't reinforce unneccessary 'cause you can't really replace/upgrade the stock brushless without some work.

Basically, its a Wow-what-the-heck-was-that and not a Wow-what-a-fantasic-manuever airplane or should I say "spacecraft".

Cheers,
      Leon

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
        Yo Crabby,
        the bundled is a CDRom motor EDF 50size, cannot make it even with 3cell lipo.
        Edmund (owner of the Moko jet) tried to pull up but somehow every handlaunch it glide a bit in full throttle and landed 10m away.
        Though it managed to fly earlier on a few rounds before diving due to battery drain.

Next Sat hope Edmund fix it up, and we'll try again run-then-throw 30degree up see how...
        I think it will need a little weight loss program..
        Ask Edmund if he can change the his deans to a JST connector. I can lend him my 3S 750mah.

b'coz its a ducted fan, and need some time to build up speed with limited thrust. A hard launch with minimal nose up could bring it to the flying speed. Reducing weight would allow a lower flying speed. (Anyways the designed wing is under-cambered and not meant for high-speed). Too high angle would only stall the plane and since the small fan produced hardly enough thrust, I dun think it can pull/drag the plane out of a stall.

The 2 successful launches I had with this little baby was done as exactly what I've described. Too bad the plane was nose-heavy then and did not make more than 2 circuits...

Tat's my 2centsworth.

Cheers,
        Leon

Comment

Hmm... just curious, why not next time round I take a lift up to the highest floor and flung it out? Kekeke, let gravity get the bird to the right speed?
          Then again Leon very right, I think it's too obese!
          Really must thank Edmund for giving us such nice time watching him lanuch the plane!

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
            Hmm... just curious, why not next time round I take a lift up to the highest floor and flung it out? Kekeke, let gravity get the bird to the right speed?
            Then again Leon very right, I think it's too obese!
            Really must thank Edmund for giving us such nice time watching him lanuch the plane!
            Bro...EDF need time to pick up speed due to the small blade spining super fast....so every throw must be hard and straight...usually need to run a bit but Sat field wet leh.... try again next sat.
            Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
              Bro...EDF need time to pick up speed due to the small blade spining super fast....so every throw must be hard and straight...usually need to run a bit but Sat field wet leh.... try again next sat.
              Jim should be the best choice, just remembered the running pose he had in the kotex ad....
              I handlaunched once, quite ok but the jet can increase altitude, till Ed rather glide it on the grass

Comment

Working...
              X