Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pete,
    Are you submitting this for competition?
    Let me know if you still want to order the Super Hornet from HK.

Comment

Yeah join me tboltsg

Woah liao bro don't tell everyone I am looking at Superhornet leh

I see if the guy will deliver to the airport or not; if not then its ok lah.

Comment

Ok final update, I consider it done.. glamor shots would come much later. Here are some of the closeups for your wacking....

Can see this is colored PE?

Starfighter by Sprigaan, on Flickr

I had a major boo-boo when I was using the masking tape to clean the canopy.. it took out an important decal.. I did some repair.. anyone got a spare?

Damn sad man... but I guess life's like that sometimes...

Comment

Decal printing

I think there are some special decal paper that you could buy and then print out the graphics from an ink-jet printer.
          You need to look for your specific graphics from the internet.

Comment

Hey bro msc, no worries lah. I actually found a good replacement in my Hasegawa F-4E kit, but didn't want to break open that box just to use that decal.

I took time off today to do the obligatory glamour shots of my completed Starfighter.

Tamiya Weathering Master is used to add oil stain effects on the wing joints and fuel tanks.

Pictures are taken with my iPhone.

Comments are welcome

Last Picture

Thanks for reading.

Comment

very nice!
              Try taking some shots with your ZX-1 at macro mode to see the difference.

Comment

Awesome piece of work! Love the way u do the rivets and panal lines.

Thanks for sharing the pics

TB

Comment

Originally posted by FooFighter View Post
                  Comments are welcome

Excellent built ! any Future Floor polish used ? ...makes me wanna dig out my F14 collection and start hacking !

If I may comment, the wheels could be sanded flat where they touch the ground to simulate the weight of the A/C.
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
                    very nice!
                    Try taking some shots with your ZX-1 at macro mode to see the difference.
                    The first picture was taken with ZX-1 using macro mode.

tboltsg, this plane is pretty detailed and has alot of rivet details.. in the actual plane you can't see them actually. Anyway it's nice lah..

Ghostfit, good suggestion; however I'll leave it as it is for now, as I don't want to do anything to it until I show it my club meeting at the end of the month

Comment

Great work!

Very nicely done!

If you feel that your project table is too empty, I have this to easy your itch.

Comment

Actually I have just started my next project

I will be doing the Mi-24V Hind

Comment

May I make a tall request.
                          Can you take more pictures and detail setup of your static models? I would like to learn the process of doing up a model.

I always have trouble cleaning the brushes or storing the brushes for the next use. So, would like to learn more from the experts.

Actually I have just started my next project

I will be doing the Mi-24V Hind

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
                            May I make a tall request.
                            Can you take more pictures and detail setup of your static models? I would like to learn the process of doing up a model.

I always have trouble cleaning the brushes or storing the brushes for the next use. So, would like to learn more from the experts.
                            Mave, you can find more details of my build in this forum here.

There is no right or wrong setup actually, I just do what I think is right, experience helps of course. Don't be too caught up trying to "match the right color", "have the correct tools" etc, it's just a hobby.

However, if you are keen to learn, there is a local shop that conducts lessons on building models and the teachers are actually world renown artists. Let me know if you are keen and I can pass the contact to you.

You might want to consider joining the forum as we are a bunch of local guys into the hobby, we meet up and share techniques and discuss about our hobby.

There is a local meeting on the 30 July, you might want to come? Not sure what they are going to demo this time.

Details in the forum you could read it there.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I am always overwhelm by the number of brushes, the number of paint cans and others tools that I need to buy. I remember during school days, my Airfix model are always the same color; the color of the plastic that the model came in.

Now that I am more into RC, I would like to learn and extend the static modelling into radio control and then to learn how to take pictures of static models that looks very real.

There is demo on the 30th July? COol! Please kindly PM me the location and time. Thank you.

Mave, you can find more details of my build in this forum here.

There is no right or wrong setup actually, I just do what I think is right, experience helps of course. Don't be too caught up trying to "match the right color", "have the correct tools" etc, it's just a hobby.

However, if you are keen to learn, there is a local shop that conducts lessons on building models and the teachers are actually world renown artists. Let me know if you are keen and I can pass the contact to you.

You might want to consider joining the forum as we are a bunch of local guys into the hobby, we meet up and share techniques and discuss about our hobby.

There is a local meeting on the 30 July, you might want to come? Not sure what they are going to demo this time.

Details in the forum you could read it there.

Comment

Date: 30 July 2011 (Sat)
                                Time: 1400 hrs - 1700hrs
                                Venue: Our usual haunt at Maritime House, #12 Seafarer's Lounge (opposite Pinnacle@Duxton)

Light snacks and drinks on the house.

Highlights of Gathering:
                                . WOOB 06 & Macross Displays
                                . Century Birds Display
                                . Vietnam War Display
                                . Your WIP/ Finished Works
                                . Any stash/ stuff/ tools/ kits you want to poison the rest. Come spread the toxin Smile
                                . Demo of some kind (Suggestions are welcomed and we will see can arrange for one)

Comment

Working...
                                X