Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why a simulator - for first time RC flyers

Sometimes listening to video is better advice than written ..

Please spend 7 minutes listening to this.. it will help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vJf...eature=channel
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Very True! Totally agree

Thanks for sharing this link. I totally agree that sims are very useful for training our stick coordination, BEFORE we even head to the field with a model plane. I had the privilege of learning this way and it probably saved me a great many $$$ in crashes.

Of course, there's one important area that sims don't really make us aware of, and that is Safety Practices at the Field. We will have to learn, cultivate, and practice these at the field, and hopefully pass it on to other newbies, so that we can try to keep this hobby as safe as possible.

Must get the potential newbies to watch this video :>

Cheers!
    ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

Agreed with the video too, thanks for sharing! Very good guide for the newbies that are new in flying. Simulation is the way to go , saving lots of $$$ on repairs and buying new planes.

I recalled i didn't start on simulations and i went straight to flying an rc plane. Crashed plenty of times and took months before i really get to know how to fly properly.

So to you beginners out there! Pls watch the video.
      Build it
      Fly it
      Crash it
      Fix it

Comment

A lot of newbies really need such clear advise. But some will just not listen and insist to fly the fastest and most unstable plane.

Worst, alone.

Sometimes people believe more in internet's hearsay than real person's advise. So this video acts as a good way for those who believe everything in internet, in a good way, of course.

Comment

One year ago, I bought a Esky simulator with the dummy controller before I got into RC. It helped me a lot with the orientation and with the inverted flight. Still I crashed a lot, but it was all cheapy foamy planes. Real world there is loss of orientation, setup problems, build problems. The sim always show you the plane ideally and clearly and none of the real world problems. How to react to a tail heavy plane? How to trim for level flight. How to fight the wind? Sim can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
            One year ago, I bought a Esky simulator with the dummy controller before I got into RC. It helped me a lot with the orientation and with the inverted flight. Still I crashed a lot, but it was all cheapy foamy planes. Real world there is loss of orientation, setup problems, build problems. The sim always show you the plane ideally and clearly and none of the real world problems. How to react to a tail heavy plane? How to trim for level flight. How to fight the wind? Sim can't do that.
            FMS free downloads can simulate wind, why didn't you noticed that ?

In the video, Dave also suggest putting the trimming way out of center, so you fly like you're out of trim. Thats also a good way to practise.

In fact in FMS, when I get real bored, I push the wind and gust condition way up and chose the fastest EDF jet and do hovering.. LOL..

You can even edit the plane's parameter in the file and wank up the motor power, or reduce it, increase the rate of roll etc.. make it more challenging.

There is a way out for everything..

Comment

0.14 "These are harder to learn how to fly than real full size airplanes" I love this line...

Comment

Working...
              X