Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Flap and Gear works in Phoenix simulator?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Flap and Gear works in Phoenix simulator?

Hi,

Can I ask if the flaps and gear button work in the simulator?

I have no problem setting it up but when I tried to fly one of those EDF planes, i couldn't retract the gears.

Is there something I miss in my settings or does simply do not exist in the simulator? Btw, I am using the Futaba 6EX 2.4GH

Many advanced thanks for your help

Michael

What sim are you using?
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

see title...
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
        see title...
        Opps, not too sure for phoenix. but the flaps and gears do work for real flight
        Plane 1:
        FreeWing F-15
        Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
        GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
        Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

channel assignment done?

Hi michaelang,

I've never tried Phoenix before, but I've tried Reflex-XTR.

In Reflex, you have to set the channels you intend to use for retracts and flaps, in addition to the channel assignments for the basic flight controls. On my Hitec radio, Channel 5 is landing gear(retracts) and channel 6 is for flaps, so those are the channels I assign to those functions. I'm guessing the same logic applies to Phoenix as well?

Then again, after assigning the correct channels to these functions, whether the flaps and retracts actually work also depends on the particular 'model' you are flying. If the chosen 'model' plane does not have retracts or flaps, moving those controls will not cause anything to happen. Eg, a WWI Fokker Triplane with fixed landing gear should not do anything when you flip the retracts switch.

I was told that Phoenix is very realistic, so I can't imagine it wouldn't have flaps and retracts simulation included. hopefully other Phoenix users can shed more light.
          ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried various fixed wings planes.. but none of it seems to work.

Anybody on Phoenix can advise?

I note that the channel setup work for ch 5 and 6 but it just doesn't retract.

Strange.

Thanks again

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by michaelang View Post
              Hi everybody,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried various fixed wings planes.. but none of it seems to work.

Anybody on Phoenix can advise?

I note that the channel setup work for ch 5 and 6 but it just doesn't retract.

Strange.

Thanks again

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm using the Phoenix sim with my JR 9XII and both retracts and flaps are working perfectly.

Flaps was on the 3 pos switch while gear was on the defaulted gear switch. Works for all the planes in the sim.

Only thing that puzzle was the initial setup must be setup for heli, then the rest works for both planes and helis.

Hope that helps.

Comment

That's strange.. my Futaba 6EX doesn't .. though during setup all 6 channels do register in the setup sim.

But there is no 6EX listed as one of the TX in the setup.. only PCM ones...
                wonder if that could be the problem or

could my TX be faulty?...

Any advice?

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X