Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli simulator

Thinking of getting a simulator, been crashing too often

Any recommandation and where can I get it?

thanks
    [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

fms - free download but sim not v realistic and too easy, just need cable
    aerofly - not bad, need $$
    realflight - good, need $$

think u can get it locally at rc stores or u can order online
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

if you are looking for a cheap simulator to fly and learn the basic, the fms is more than enough. Although the heli seems to float in the air in fms and the gyro don't even hold in the slowest backward flight, it works pretty good for learning orientation and basic aerobatics. I don't know if other models will be the same, but the model I use in fms will constantly show some form of rudder drift in inverted flight and I actually think that that is good for learning the tail inverted. Best of all the esky sim controller is only $30+ and with a dongle emulator crack, you can even use it on realflight.

Realflight and reflex are both pretty good, both have their pros and cons and around the same price. They are a lot more realistic than fms and other sim, but always remember, a sim is only a sim, it will never be 100% like the real thing.

Esky fms simulator can get a rotor or jethobby, realflight can get at NTC, reflex can get at hobbyshack. You can try the reflex at hobby shack, while realflight(demo) and fms can download online. There are other sim like preflight and phoenix that you can get online, but I think for sim either get the cheapest to learn and throw or get the best and enjoy, no point buying and upgrading.

sigpic

Comment

but when u want to learn some new manuver a good sim comes in handy ... i use the realflight G3.5 and i think its GREAT ....its accurate .. because u can fully customize the entire aircraft....it can come VERY close to the real thing

Just my 2 cents
        Ian
        Helis
        Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

pass me your edited models please. ^_^

i'm using realflight too.

Comment

Try Phoenix RC Simulator, it touted as the best in the RC Forums.

Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
            now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoRGotTeN
              pass me your edited models please. ^_^

i'm using realflight too.
              me?
              Helis
              Logo 500 3D

Comment

Whoa bro, thanks for all your inputs. Let's say if I get the realflight sim, does it comes with the controller and everything to get started, or I have to get another controller for the sim?

Comment

I've using Realfilght since G2 (now G3.5). I like it coz it comes a with a dummy (but quite good) controller made by Futaba, good physics and lots of downloadable aircrafts created by users (at http://www.knifeedge.com/forums). The performance of the sim also depends a lot on the graphic card you're using. For me, I turn off every object leaving only the sky, ground, runway and helipad (I don't like the distractions anyway ).

The other good sim is Aerofly. I don't use it but some of my friends swear by it. If you already have a transmitter, you may want to consider it as it doesn't come with a dummy controller.

Although a sim can never replace the real thing, imho, it does help in accelerating the learning path. And like all sim games, recovering from crashes is just a spacebar away

Comment

Hi guys, after some recommandation, I've downloaded the FMS software. What type of cable do I need to run the sim, can I use my Esky 6ch TX for the sim?

Comment

can ... but u need a cable
                      Helis
                      Logo 500 3D

Comment

cable costs abt 25-30 secondhand.. abt 38 new
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Anybody tried this ClearView RC Flight sim b4? Is it any good?

ClearView Webby

Comment

Working...
                          X