Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflex Flight Simulator

Hi guys, I was browsing around the web and I saw this: Reflex
    It seemed really good and the graphics are awesome. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

I have got it, the graphics aren't as good as Realflight G3/G3.5 though. For example, when u add collective, the pitch of the blades cannot been seen to change, the blades also do not droop slightly when power is reduced. There is also no blade farting sounds when cyclic movements are suddenly added. Other than that, i think it's pretty alright.

Comment

oh, and i wished reflex was smart enuf to let me asign one of the channels to reset the plane/heli!

Comment

i guess the most important thing of simulators are the realistic feel of the heli or plane. blades fart? pitching of blades? Doesnt really matters

just my few cents

cheers
        happy new year!
        JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
        Solid G
        KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

Cause right now, I'am contemplating on which to get. The G3/3.5 or the Reflex.

Comment

G3/3.5....The realflight sims have always been more realistic than the xtr
            TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Oh. Btw, the isn't the 3.5 sort of like an upgrade of the 3?

Comment

Originally posted by razer
                Oh. Btw, the isn't the 3.5 sort of like an upgrade of the 3?
                And btw, the realflight XTR seems pretty good. Graphics looks mindblowing. Someone was saying that the realflight XTR is currently the newest in the market.

Comment

I mean Reflex XTR not realflight...

Comment

Originally posted by razer
                    And btw, the realflight XTR seems pretty good. Graphics looks mindblowing. Someone was saying that the realflight XTR is currently the newest in the market.
                    nah, RF G3.5 is the newest, Reflex XTR is quite old actually.

Comment

I learnt my flying on the reflex. It really helps alot as the physics come close to real life. i didn't bother too much about the bells and whistles.. the important thing i feel is that the behaviour of the aircraft in terms of how it flies should take highest priority. Ultimately, we want to learn how to coordinate our fingers to the movement of the aircraft and not admire how beautiful the smoke trail is.

I haven't tried real flight. So I can't say much but please for your own sake (in case you are thinking about it) dun buy FMS. Its slow on just about every PC I have seen it on and gives you too much time to think. The physics of the aircraft are way below par as well. Of course it costs one third the price of reflex. Still, I think it is money down the drain if you buy FMS. My 2 cents lah..Good luck!

Comment

Oh. Btw, for the realflight it comes with a TX but the Reflex one doesn't seem to. Is that right? Or should i select the reflex complete package when buying it?

Comment

The reflex doesn't come with a TX so u have to use the one that you use when you are actually flying. Its better I feel. Get familiarised with your own TX. You might need an adaptor if your TX is the Futaba kind. The cable supplied is for JR controllers. I'm using an adaptor for my Futaba.

Comment

I'am using a JR, so i guess it should be alright? But thinking about it, the two sims are kinda ex...

Comment

G3.5 have been a great improvement!

The comparisons for me worked out this way:
                              Conditions - Reflex / RealFlight G3.5
                              Graphics - Good / Good
                              Pyshics - Good / Good
                              Controls - Own transmitter / Dummy transmitter
                              Setting up - DIY / Plug n play
                              Programmability - Good / Good
                              PC quality - unable to run on poorer pc / able to run on poorer pc
                              Online flying - Nope / Yes!

Both are very good simulators and both are in the same price range.

I just couldn't get reflex to work on my laptop while the realflight could run smoothly on photofield backgrounds. I gave up trying to program a proper heli and mapping all the controls to the reflex properly.
                              Just prefer the plug and play ability and more importantly, the online flying i can enjoy with overseas flyers!

Comment

Working...
                              X