Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx mode 1 or 2 better

Hi..I'm a newbie and about to buy a radio set....
    as I'm new,which mode should I start off with and what are the advantages of each?....i'm inclined towards mode 2 as i feel that flying mostly by rudder/ailerons.....needs advice please...

..and any good recommendations for new radio?...FUTABA 7C or SANWA/...?

THANKS

What do you intend to fly?
    huh

Comment

Hi

Either Mode 1 or Mode for me is like whether u right hand or left hand to write. For me (Right handed person), I prefer Mode 2 because meneuvering chopper/airplane using right hand is more natural than left hand (again, if u are right handed)

And... another reason I prefer mode 2 is because in real airplane and helicopter, right hand is the flight stick while the left hand is throttle stick.

Note: All the above is based on my own preferences.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I'm flying electric e-starter.....yup...ur reasons are similar as mine.Someone ever told me is that its better to have mode 1 becoz a trainer can 'take over' control easier and since so common here,help is readily available..

Comment

If you have no plans flying anything more than 4 channel.. then a 4CH will be fine. Save the money and get more planes to fly.

If your pocket is deep, then go for something like a FF9 or JR9x.

As for mode... it is a personal preference. Some transmitter allow simple switch over. It will be good to get the same mode as your instructor though.
          huh

Comment

Thanks guys...looks like its mode 2 for me then...
            have budget around $450 for new radio....any recommendations?...anywhere selling only Tx without the Rv and servo's.....?

Comment

Hanzzz,

in the world of the 21st century where everything is going wireless, u're betta off with a tx that uses syn modules so u can switch whole different bands [i.e. 72mHz to 35Mhz] as and when ya like.

Comment

SHS does.
                huh

Comment

Microheli-nut,
                  syn modules?...u mean a Tx that can change frequencies?.....without fixed crystals?...wow..what model is that?......any recommended models?.....and where?..

(me new at these)

Comment

I think most of the Mid to high end TX allow u to switch from mode 1 to mode 4 from software configuration BUT no matter how, u still need to move the spring tension from one stick to other.

I'm using Futaba 9CHP and it can change mode from Software. Changing spring tension for Futaba 9CHP is easy.

Super-Hornet

Comment

if I get the Futaba 7C...can it change modes too?....is it simple to do?.....

Nic,
                      does SHS sells the 7C without servos and Rv?....or the supplied ones are the 'micro' type?

Comment

For what I know, 7C having a same firmware or software as 9C except it is newer version. U have to check with Futaba website on the FAQ or user manual to whether can change by Software or not.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzz
                          Microheli-nut,
                          syn modules?...u mean a Tx that can change frequencies?.....without fixed crystals?...wow..what model is that?......any recommended models?.....and where?..

(me new at these)
                          Here's one that allow...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUY15&P=0

There are cheaper ones that allows.. (other brands) but I am not too sure which ones. But you will need a receiver that syncs too.

Most Futaba come with a module which you can purchase and switch frequency band. Each module cost around $80. Otherwise.. it is swaping of crystals.
                          huh

Comment

The good thing about mode 2 is that others will not ask you to let them fly your planes/helis.
                            the bad thing about mode 2 is that you can't ask others to let you fly their planes/helis.
                            THE bad thing about mode 2 is that nobody can save/help you when you are in trouble.

as to which one is easier to get the hang of, both are the same. you are flying radio control models, not a fighter jet pilot.
                            in the end it's still up to you ~~~

Comment

Oh yah, not to forget, most people flying F3C and F3A precision flying are on mode 1, not just locally.

Comment

Working...
                              X