Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Heli Tx and PLane Tx

I have always wondered what are the differences between heli Tx and plane Tx. it seems that not all Tx can be used for heli and plane.

what are the Tx that can be used for heli and plane ? how much do they cost ? Im thinking of trying out Heli and Im still on a 4channel tx so waiting for Hari Raya to get pocket money for a new Tx.

Which character are you test by

Most computer TX can switch between heli functions and plane functions...so software wise, none of this is an issue for u.

Physically, the only difference is the smooth throttle stick for heli, and ratcheted throttle for plane......there might be some switches that are placed differently for some plane tx as opposed to heli tx, but with current generation of computer tx, none of this is an issue again because they're programmable and software assignable..

[SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

i am not really sure abt this, but from what i understand, a ccpm heli tx's throttle will affect the pitch, elevator and aileron servo when u move it up and down, which makes it unsuitable for a plane, and similiarly, a plane's throttle do not affect the 3 servos and thus is not suitable for a ccpm heli.

as 9VDXN said, most computer tx now offers programming for both heli and planes, with the better ones offering at least 5 points throttle and pitch curves for the heli and various mixing capabilities for both heli and planes. however do take note that for futaba 6 channels tx, they generally seems to support only heli or only planes, as designated by t6xa for planes and t6xh for helis.
      i got my honeybee and glider

Comment

Im sorry if this sounds repeated but Hitec Optic 6 good for both planes and helis ? What is it about the positive negative shifts all this that i have to take note of ?

Comment

Originally posted by alamin2
          Im sorry if this sounds repeated but Hitec Optic 6 good for both planes and helis ? What is it about the positive negative shifts all this that i have to take note of ?
          optic 6 can be used for both planes and helis, but it does not show u the pitch and throttle curves like futaba 9chp or jr xII does. u can only input the 5 point's value, which is good enough for me. if you are getting optic 6, it doesnt really matter wat shift your reciever is, because optic 6 allows u to change to both positive and negative shift.
          i got my honeybee and glider

Comment

Originally posted by dareaper
            optic 6 can be used for both planes and helis, but it does not show u the pitch and throttle curves like futaba 9chp or jr xII does. u can only input the 5 point's value, which is good enough for me. if you are getting optic 6, it doesnt really matter wat shift your reciever is, because optic 6 allows u to change to both positive and negative shift.
            thank you dareaper for answering my doubts.. i think im getting it pretty soon...

Comment

IMO, heli radios are different from aero radios and vice-versa.

Almost all computer radios are capable of switching modes (JR PCM10X cannot be switched)- by switching say a heli radio to aero mode, there would be some compromise. Such as switch labelling, hover throttle/trim etc. These compromises are bearable.

If you fly more airplane and less heli, buy a airplane radio that way you will get to enjoy your radio.

Comment

Originally posted by dareaper
                i am not really sure abt this, but from what i understand, a ccpm heli tx's throttle will affect the pitch, elevator and aileron servo when u move it up and down, which makes it unsuitable for a plane, and similiarly, a plane's throttle do not affect the 3 servos and thus is not suitable for a ccpm heli.
                Within heli mode there is a selection for swash type. 1, 2 3, 4 servo setups. On 1 servo setup, the throttle stick will move Aux2 as well. It can be use for flying 5 channel aircraft without any problem.

Comment

Working...
                X