Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension Engineering - Servo Sense

hi all....
    thought someone might be interested in this little useful product...
    it is called servosense, and it measures the amount of current that your plane's servos are drawing, so that to determine if your BEC-equipped ESC is within limits.

=====================================

=====================================

attached are two pictures of the servosense plugged into the EZglider.

2xHS55
    1xHS81
    1xHS81mg
    1xHM18 ESC - BEC
    1xZLOG altitude logger

readings after frantic wriggling of servos, minus throttle, note prop removed for SAFETY!!!

Max = 7 beeps = 0.7Amps draw
    Average = 1 beep = 0.05Amps draw
    Max 15s = 3 beeps = 0.15Amps draw

hence the HM18 ESC should be able to handle the amps draw from the servos and aux........but the ESC felt warm, due to voltage regulation of 5Volts from a 3s-Lipo source, which is about 12.6 volts unloaded.

BUT, this is for static measurement only, will plug it in and fly it this weekend to see if the actual flying condition current draw is any higher. for now, it seems a 1A rated BEC is probably riding on a thin line.

next step, i will order the ......much cheaper then those i can find in the LHS....hopefully that should keep the ESC cooler.
    Note: LHS Switched mode BEC are much more 'powerful' able to provide more amps and regulating from higher cell counts.

hope this is helpful to those who are wondering if their BEC-ESC is capable of providing sufficient current for the servos in their plane.

Great gadget to have.I got myself some of their becs ( small quantity discount!).They're quite well built and very light.I intend to use them with the CC25 running 4s lipos.

I suppose you got the electric version.Let us know the airborne results, suspect peaks of 1.5~1.8 amps and average of 1 amp.

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
    X