Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Tx, Complex Problem, Pls Help

Spilopterus and I encountered a major radio problem with the old Colco 6Ch Transmitter on 35,040MhZ.

1) Transmission is only smooth when u put your hand or finger in contact with the antennae.

2) Throw on aileron[Channel2] is uneven even when trimming is done.

How? Should we send it back to the Sanwa Uncle again?

Sounds like your TX is not transmitting radio wave properly. It could be your antenna wire (From PCB to Whip Antenna) is dry joint/broken/loose or it could be your Radio Transmitter Power Transistor burn out liau.

Hey... it could your TX battery flat or weak or dying off liau.

Super-Hornet

Comment

could it be the whip antennae alone that is spoiled? I went back and tried again. It's not consistent though certain channels tend to work better. Sometimes it works perfectly fine, and then the next, it goes kownky. I actually tried to put my thumb near the tip of the whip antennae. It started transmitting well if my thumb is just a very small distance away but not touching it, but my thumb got a little burnt in the process. I think sparks must have been generating between my thumb and the antennae.

may go sim lim to get one replaced.

Comment

Frank tells me it's a grounding problem.... But hold do we ground Antennaes?

Comment

yup, likely grounding issue. When your hand touches and the prob is gone shows that the noise runs thru yr hand to ground.

Mike

Comment

Hi all

I not sure about the grounding but according to what I know on Radio Transmission, if u ground antenna, u got either no transmission or very very low transmission. If u know how to open up your TX, please check the wire that goes to your whip antenna. See whether is it loose or dry joint.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Well, it's definitely not loose cause micro and I soldered it together that day. But what is a dry joint?

Anyway, I bought a new antennae. It seems to work better but there is still some slight noise. Not as bad as the other day, i could mysteriously move two servos with a single move of the joystick.

So like Mr. Bean huh...

Comment

Working...
              X