Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx recommendation

Hi guys, im thinking of getting either Futaba 6EX or Spektrum DX6i. Any advise? Thanks.

Airplane:
    GWS Zero Fighter (retired)
    Phoenix .40 Classic Trainer (crashed)
    Phoenix .40 Laser (retired)
    GWS Estarter (building)

Helicopter:
    Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 w/ .30 engine (retired)
    Trex 450XL CDE (retired)

Its not the takeoff and flying, its the landing and repairing, so that you can takeoff and fly again...

i love futaba controllers. easy to use and program BUT i feel the 6ex does not have enough functions and doesnt have a variable control knob which i like to use for flaps. you might want to consider the futaba t6J. cheaper @ only 200 sgd and has more functions than the 6ex. only down side is that there isn't any 3rd party rx for the t6j yet as it uses the recently launch FHSS technology as compared to the FASST that all the other futaba controllers are using. im sure someone will come up with it soon enough.

no comments on dx6i as i have not read up on it
    "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
    E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
    SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
    T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
    UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
    Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
    F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
    Charger- Turnigy AC6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawk View Post
      Hi guys, im thinking of getting either Futaba 6EX or Spektrum DX6i. Any advise? Thanks.
      I've used the FM version of the 6EX... the 6EXHP meant for helis. It was a real pain to use for helis because it had no sub-trim feature. The 6EX is the FASST 2.4 GHz version, and I believe also lacks sub-trim - this simply means that you cannot adjust the individual servo centering if you mix them, e.g. for ccpm helis. The T6J is a newer incarnation and a better choice, if you're going for futaba.

Spektrum DX6i is nice to use mainly because of the DSM2 2.4 GHz that allows you to fly a whole range of bind-and-fly stuff. RX is also very affordable if you go for the "Orange" brand! ... But no slider switches! (or maybe this feature is too much to ask for on a 6-channel tx...)

To me, if you're willing to spend slightly more, it seems like the best bang-for-buck is the Hitec Aurora 9... not just the number of features available, but there's touchscreen, telemetry, and also quite solidly built. I tried before, and really like the feel of the gimbals - the stick movements feel very precise. I would buy it if I ever needed more than 7 channels!
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

If you want something for normal flying, then go for futaba T6J. Someone is selling for $100+ with 2 rx.
        I bought a new one at $200+.
        If you want to pay more, then go for DX8. Better quality than DX6. Or get a JR9 2.4G from marketplace. I am using one too. More than enough of my usage.

Comment

I'm using one too, bang for the buck, and so far pretty reliable.

Buying additional receiver is not too expensive either, about $70.

Only setback for some heli flyers is that there is only one Idle Up mode switch, many other TX have Idle 1 and Idle 2. Can't ask for too much at this price anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X