Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iCharger 106B+ repair

My iCharger now keeps showing the message "Connection Break Down" - though I've tried different lipo, and different charging leads.

It's probably some kind of malfunctioning component that needs repair... any idea where I can get this done locally? Or any local shop that supports this brand of charger?
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

BRo,

if you are confident enough, you might wanna try opening the charger and check from loose connections from the output onwards...

From the error message you described, it would seem to me that the charger thinks that the battery has been plugged out or something...

if all else fails, you might wanna first go back to the source where you bought this device from and enquire about repairs... Personally i dont feel that it is gonna be worth the repair as with all electronic goods, the first breakdown is only the start...

Good luck!
    Regards,
    Xuen7

SELLING
    2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
    Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
    Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
    Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
    MCPX parts / kit etc..
    Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Originally posted by xuen7 View Post
      BRo,

if you are confident enough, you might wanna try opening the charger and check from loose connections from the output onwards...

From the error message you described, it would seem to me that the charger thinks that the battery has been plugged out or something...

if all else fails, you might wanna first go back to the source where you bought this device from and enquire about repairs... Personally i dont feel that it is gonna be worth the repair as with all electronic goods, the first breakdown is only the start...

Good luck!
      Prior to this malfunction I was doing quite a bit of discharging, putting unused lipos in storage mode. May have burned something, due to the current load - and I also changed the settings to increase the discharge power limit from 15W to max 20W...

Opened it up but couldn't see any obvious burned component or track. Surprises me that this charger doesn't seem to have a fuse - or at least, I couldn't see any.
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.

Comment

Originally posted by REVOJohn
        If you like after CNY bring it into our workshop and we'll open her up and take a look at it for you..............could be a connection on the powerleads in or out. If so that'll be an easy fix
        Thank you for the kind offer, John.

Who should I contact before going to your workshop, and is it possible Thursday or Friday this week?

Comment

charger

if u are using balance mode, make sure you connect both ur main connection and balance tab.

or try using normal mode without connecting the balance tab.

if not then got to send for checking.

Comment

thanks for everyones advise. actually i alrdy opened up and see alrdy. all connections are working just that left throttle is not in place so its stuck and the spring for channel 1 dropped offed (mode 2). i plugged into the simulator to check everything was okay. so i assume its just minor repairs but i dont know how to do them.

Comment

wrong thread

oops sorrysorry wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by skyfool View Post
                if u are using balance mode, make sure you connect both ur main connection and balance tab.

or try using normal mode without connecting the balance tab.

if not then got to send for checking.
                Yup, tried all that. I've been using this charger for close to a year, mostly Charge, Balance Charge, Fast Charge, Storage functions... no issues until now.

Surprises me that my significantly cheaper 50W charger is still working reliably... actually I'm not a "power user", so to speak. At the most, for charging multiple 3S packs, that's all.

I find the iCharger useful only because it could go up to 20W max when discharging for storage, compared to the rather pathetic 5W max (?) for the cheaper chargers.

Comment

Connection errors happen when you have broken connections while in balance changing mode. We may try non-balance charge w/0 connecting the balannce tabs to see if if still charge.

I am using the same icharger for 2.5 year already.

Comment

Working...
                  X