Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIPO on luggage

Hi bros.. Im going to other country by plane.. Is it possible to bring a LiPo and put it on my luggage? Is it safe and allowed to check in?

Hoping for ur reply.. Thnks!

Ups

Comment

Originally posted by cyberiarvo View Post
      Hi bros.. Im going to other country by plane.. Is it possible to bring a LiPo and put it on my luggage? Is it safe and allowed to check in?

Hoping for ur reply.. Thnks!
      Well, we know some online hobby shops do ship individual pieces of lipo through the air, but from regulatory point of view...

Lithium batteries, whether ion or polymer, are classified "Dangerous Goods" by freight companies, example here:

http://www.tnt.com/express/en_vn/sit...batteries.html

Or just google "dangerous goods lithium polymer" to see the long list of references, even at IATA (International Air Transport Association) website... good info.

It means that you have to declare the items, and there are regulations governing proper packaging. Usually done for shipping in bulk and taken care of by the freight company.

So, summary is: Don't Try, for your safety and others in the worst case.
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

i'm sure u can as i have brought 3s lipos to 6s lipos in my checked-in luggage all the time
        Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by mahathyr View Post
          i'm sure u can as i have brought 3s lipos to 6s lipos in my checked-in luggage all the time
          That's why I qualify my answer by saying, well, here are the regulations.

Maybe for small quantities, there is less concern.

And as we know, you can even bring on board the aircraft as carry-on: your laptop, portable media devices, handphone (as long as not switched on during flight)... and all these devices are packed with lithium ion batteries.
          ------------------------------
          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

To conclude.. I better declare it.. Charge it on storage voltage.. Bring 2pcs only so less question from them... U think this thing will work guys?

Comment

i think going out of singapore is easy......
              but i was once from china and im allow to have 4 pieces only.
              I love PAP

Comment

Hope two lipo will be ok to them.

Comment

Working...
                X