Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the JR XG8. Yes or No?

I have copied and paste this as i accidentally wrote on someone else thread...

Hello again follks,

As some of you guys might have known, i now have gathered enough funds for my new TX.. This will be my first "Real" tx into the hobby and i kinda want to make it stay with me.. Therefore i have decided to set aside 1000 dollars just in case..

At the moment, I have the walkera 2801, 2603, dx6i and dx4e... and i hate all of it. Let me tell you why i cant stand it so that you can advice me which TX would suit me more..

For Walkera 2801, the design is nice and all i like the backlight.. But because that was my first TX i probably didnt know how to use it at its full potentioal. I remember i got the 4g6s kit and had to use the lousier rx and it.. but there was some binding option to allow me access to throttle curve.. anyways the problem with that is when i upgraded to a 450 size heli, i realise one big problem.. i cant find the damn rx... so i sold off all my walkera and make a huge lost there..

Then i decided to get the spektrum as it seems to be everywhere.. along the line i have also considereed getting 9303 for the spektrum i was considering the dx8 but as i could find it anywhrte 2nd hand i didnt buy, at that time brand new seems like a really bad idea as i just sold my walkera at a huge lost and there were so many 1500 tx selling for 500. Eventually my patience got the better of me.. and yes this is also why i didnt bother to order online for walkera parts.. I hate to wait.. Eventually i bought the dx6i after a whole lot of extensive research.. the result... is this darn thread...

I bought the dx6i 2 days ago and i sold it today at a lost.. why? i hate it.. i am a night flyer or rather owl.. and no backlight is a real bummer.. and yes i know there is the panel mod but i not gonna risk it,..

So concidentally, yesterday i feast my eyes on the new Jr Gx8.. damn its sexy... i dont even care about its functions anymore.. you know how guys get when we see a really hot girl and you are thinking thats the girl for you even though you havent heard her talk or know how she think etc etc hahaha
    well its kinda like that i guess..

Eventually thought, my brain does take over and i did my research.. well its kinda the top 3 for below 500usd tx.. there is also the 8cfg with is 14ch ( looks like a toy ) there is the Aurora 9 looks great touch screen and all but its like a walkera to me.. i would have a hard find gettnig the parts.. Tjere os also Devo12 from walkera which looks damn good too..

Ok I was thinking i am getting the Jr for sure when i realised something.. The new Jr Gx8 is not backwards compatitble... meaning JR Gx8 onwards will not work with any more spektrum stuff and all.. its a fresh start DSMX or some thingl ike that.. but this system is boasting to me precise controls so fast it feels like your hand adjusting the swash.. or maybe a 2nd hand heli would be good too.. Please advice me...

Oh yes and for those of you guys kind enough to reply, I also considered Hitec which is a nice looking heli.. but its like i seen quite a few reviews and between JR and Aurora 9, it seems that the JR is much more preferred. Of course the best TX for under 500 is still the Futaba because of the 14ch capability...

For me i was thinking that the longer i stay in this hobby the more i would end up investing.. many old birds also advice me that the most important thing is your TX and its something you should get the best you can afford.. If i chose the Aurora, i would always get the feeling like "settle for less" The problem now is should i save a BIT more and get something better? like a 2nd hand one which i wont mind.. but seems like no one sells good 2nd hand TX... except the Jr9303 and i already received 3 offers to sell the 9303...
    I dont really want that one because of the backlight issue if not i would definately get it,..
    Regards,
    Xuen7

SELLING
    2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
    Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
    Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
    Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
    MCPX parts / kit etc..
    Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

not trying to represent any brand or any lhs but look also at Sanwa SD-10G...read abt it on HeliFreak forum and also on Finless Bob's videos abt this radio...i was skeptical when i chose this as my first Tx but i will admit that i did not regret choosing this Tx...i have helped others to setup their helis with Tx's such as spectrum, jr's and futaba's and i think to myself "man, am i glad i chose Sanwa", as it is very simple to use. but i have to say that it is not a "sexy" Tx to look at and there is no screen backlight and all that.

but im not using the Tx to play games and i don't setup helicopters in the dark so i chose it and if my Tx ever breaks down, i will still go ahead and get the exact same one. just my 2 cents worth as you've waited a year to get a real Tx and what's another day to do a research on another brand of Tx. and the price, its one of the cheapest high end radio in the market.

the Xg8 looks good though and even i like the design.
    Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Thanks for your kind advice bro... but unfortunely when i was looking around at other alternatives, i stumbled upon the Xg8 and 11x side by side...

Now i am thinking... the 11x is not that expensive is it? its way out of league but how can anyone resist the design... i just wish someone would sell their used one.. crap i am getting worst
      Regards,
      Xuen7

SELLING

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades

BUYING
      MCPX parts / kit etc..
      Burned MCPX Mainboards

Comment

XG8 is enough for most if not all applications. XG8 also has built in telemetry for reading your onboard battery power, height, etc. I don't know if the 11x has it too. I figure if you get the 11x at a much higher price you will end up not using most of its functions as a beginner. When buying radios you also need to factor in the cost of the receiver. Many local flyers use Futaba or Spektrum because the receivers are readily available and for even cheaper alternatives turn to the 'Orange' ones.
        Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The issue now would also be if this new DMSS technology will have any 3rd party cloning..
          Regards,
          Xuen7

SELLING

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades

BUYING
          MCPX parts / kit etc..
          Burned MCPX Mainboards

Comment

Oh...

and erm thought i might share ( "more like show off" ) to be a proud new owner of this...

By xuen7 at 2011-09-23

By xuen7 at 2011-09-23

By xuen7 at 2011-09-23

I need fellow Xg8 owners to contact me too.. this tx is too new no guild on setups tips etc etc haha.. some guidance would be nice..
            Regards,
            Xuen7

SELLING

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades

BUYING
            MCPX parts / kit etc..
            Burned MCPX Mainboards

Comment

Look like Transformer optimus prime face

In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Haha i wish bro... but to be honest before i bought this i saw the 11X... and side by side, the 11x makes my XG8 look like bumblebee... the 11x is still the Opitmus Prime.. haha but 11x can buy 2 XG8
                Regards,
                Xuen7

SELLING

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades

BUYING
                MCPX parts / kit etc..
                Burned MCPX Mainboards

Comment

Hi I am a JR PROPO XG8 user also wanna source for telemetry sensors together. Currently looking for the following sensors
                  1 DMSS Rotation Sensor TLS1-ROT 2850 yen
                  2 DMSS Height Sensor TLS1-ALT 4350 yen
                  3 DMSS Telemetry Adapter TLS1-ADP 1350 yen
                  Check out this site https://rcjapan.net/index.php?main_p...ou14je7gk1h5e6

Interested PM MI
                  Align 450XL CCPM GP780 FLYBARRED
                  Align 450 SPORTS 3GX FLYBARLESS
                  FMS CESSNA 182 WING SPAN 1.4M
                  TAMIYA TA05 VER II R
                  JR PROPO XG8 BLACK
                  HITEC OPTIC 6
                  SANWA M11X

Comment

Well done Bro, count me in.. and i noticed quite a few of us young guys are already converted to XG8 maybe we could do a group buy on these sensors and bring the cost down for the community as well..
                    Regards,
                    Xuen7

SELLING

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades

BUYING
                    MCPX parts / kit etc..
                    Burned MCPX Mainboards

Comment

Group buy of sensors from RC JAPAN

Hi to all those interested in group buy of Telemetry sensors of JR PROPO XG8 from RC JAPAN Please state your name , contact and type of sensor required .
                      I will start the ball rolling .
                      1. civiclized_esi HP:97597079 sensors DMSS Telemetry Adapter TLS1-ADP
                      DMSS Height Sensor TLS1-ALT
                      DMSS Rotation Sensor TLS1-ROT
                      TAMIYA TA05 VER II R
                      JR PROPO XG8 BLACK
                      HITEC OPTIC 6
                      SANWA M11X

Comment

Hi to all those interested in group buy of Telemetry sensors of JR PROPO XG8 from RC JAPAN Please state your name , contact and type of sensor required .
                        I will start the ball rolling .
                        1. civiclized_esi HP:97597079 sensors
                        DMSS Telemetry Adapter TLS1-ADP
                        DMSS Height Sensor TLS1-ALT
                        DMSS Rotation Sensor TLS1-ROT
                        TAMIYA TA05 VER II R
                        JR PROPO XG8 BLACK
                        HITEC OPTIC 6
                        SANWA M11X