Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futaba R6203SB

I believe everybody familiar with receiver setup, 1 servo connected to each RX channel. Especially true if you dealing with narrow fuselage like f3f glider, f5b or even pylon racers.

Example are like my Thermik and Cyril. 7 to 12 sets of wires runs out of the receiver. Soldering is a nightmare and not forgetting coiling the extension to tuck it neatly inside the fuselage. Proper labeling of each servos so as not to get it mixed up when connecting to the receiver.

For this example, I am going to show what I used to setup for my gliders.
    Using R617FS with 6 servos and 1 RX batt.

For this illustration, I will not be using any servo extension wires or fuselage to wing connection. Basically it just servos connected to the receiver. Typically a normal connection weather for heli or any kind of planes.

I was introduce to the Futaba S.bus system by a fellow good friend and after watching some videos and reading up this revolutionize new s.bus, I was blown away. I won't go into the technical details of how the system works. If you need more information, you can go to Futaba website to read and watch the video or you can add on to this thread and I try to answer to the best of my ability.

The S.bus system you need a S.bus receiver and S.bus servos. The servo itself can be use on other non s.bus receiver. It works just like any other servo. To use the servo with the s.bus system, the servo need to program with the channel ID. eg: if you want to use the servo as channel 4, you need to program the servo using SBC-1 or CIU-2 tools. SBC-1 only allows you to program the ID number where as CIU-2 allow you to set some parameters for the servo. R6108SB receiver allows you to set the ID too. I am using R6203SB which do not have this function.

So how does this work for me?
    Imagine all the 7 connection becomes 4 sets of servo wires.
    I am using 3 sets "Y" cable. If you up to it, you can even make 3 or 4 way splitter. The servo signals that comes out from the RX carries an ID tag that only recognize by the s.bus servo assign to the channel. Even change the Y cable connection will not effect the channel assign.

Adding on another Y cable increase another port for another s.bus servo.

At the end of the day, what do I have? 3 servos connection and 1 RX battery.

Disclaimer
    I am no expert with Futaba system. I share with what I know and I don't get paid for this.

Comment

Working...
    X