Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this (China Made) Pico Servo good for Hornet II?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this (China Made) Pico Servo good for Hornet II?

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting this servo for Hornet II. Anyone try that sevo before? Is it compatible to Hornet II? If anyone go another or better than it with the same price or lower, please recommend to me.

Super-Hornet

What about a mass order for HS55? Should come out to be $30+ a piece.
    huh

Comment

That china made is around $25 per piece. If buy 4 pieces and above may able to get discount from Jet Hobby.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Although I don like champion hobby, but their VS-6 @ $22 seems pretty good....replacement gear @ $3 per set ..... weighs 6g..... just a bit too oily at times.

Mike

Comment

In terms of specification, it looks like the Made In China one not bad. Here is the spec:

NoName (China)
          --------------------
          Diamension: 20.9mm x 11.4mm x 22mm
          Weight: 5gram
          Speed: 0.1sec/60 Degree (I think at 4.8V)
          Stall Torque at 4.8V: 0.7kg/cm

GWS Naro
          -------------
          Diamension: 22mm x 29mm x 21.35mm (L x W x H)
          Weight: 8.8g
          Speed: 0.11sec/60
          Torque: 0.8kg/cm

Hitec HS-55
          --------------
          Diamension: (Forgot to check)
          Weight: 8g
          Speed: 0.17sec/60
          Torque: 1.1kg

With that, the lightest is NoName China. The highest Torque will be HS-55. The fastest Response will be NoName. HS-55 is the slowest of all three.

The VS-6 is 1g heavier than NoName but I do not know the performance. Need to go and check the spec.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I've tried the VS6, Blue Bird BMS306, Jet Hobby's GS50 (HS50 clone), Hitec HS55 and Futaba s3107.

Other than specifications such as torque and speed you'll also need to know how fine the resolution of the servo is. For that you'll have to test it out first.

Resolution in descending order:
            1- HS55
            2- shared by BMS306, VS6 and the Futaba
            3- Jet Hobby's GS50

As for speed:
            1- GS50
            2- BMS306 and VS6
            3- HS 55 and Futaba

The GS50 is the quickest and lightest for the price. But no gear sets available. Resolution is acceptable but not as good as the others.

VS6's priced at $22 IMHO is the best servo overall in terms of bang for the buck, speed and resolution. It also has spare gear sets available. True as Mike says its oily and its case is held on by shrinkwrap. Have to periodically clean the oil off and replace the servo tape.

HS55's big by today's standard. But good resolution. So is the Futaba s3107. The newer S3108 is faster. HS55's has gearsets while the Futaba's do not.

Blue Bird BMS306. Slim profile, good speed and resolution as good as the 55's and Futabas. Spare gear sets available and good pricing at $30.

For pitch, its preferable to have something with good resolution. Or else you'll find the heli too pitchy. For CCPM servo torque and speed is not too important. For pitch I'd go for the HS55's, Futaba, vS6 or blue bird. But the 55's seems to have the finest when it comes down to resolution.

The GS50's are great for rudder duty as they are really quick and the lightest. Its definitely a good alternative to the popular but expensive ($50) HS 50.

I have no experience with the Naros. If you;re going GWS, go for the Picos instead. They're much lighter.

Hope that helps
            -Feda Dragonfly
            -Hornet 2
            -Pilot OK Turmeric
            -Zoom Zoom 4D
            -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
            -Hornet X3D
            -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
            -Formosa 1
            -World Models Spot On 50
            -HB King 2
            -World Models Groovy 50 F3A