Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX radio

Hi all i will be buying zoom 400 when stock come to singapore, now i considering which TX to go.

can you kindly list down your TX brand, model,special function, price and where you brought it.

thanks you very much.

so far...I think the best bang for the buck will be either the Futaba FF9CHP or the JR9X.....

9C series

JR9X
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Hi

Go for Futaba 9CH. If Futaba 7C arrive, u can try that also.

Super-Hornet

Comment

9C .. or a used 9C if budget is a prob.
        9X

9Z/10x if $3k is like loose change to u.....

But ultimately, it may be better to check with those whom you are flying with, on what they use. So that they can help you program the mixes when you are starting out.
        huh

Comment

Well, for

futaba radio 9CHP, u can try

singapore hobby supply aka SHS or
          Rotor Hobby

As for Jr 9x,

Hobby Shack aka HS or
          Rotor Hobby

If you are tight on budget, consider Hitec Eclispe, you can get them from Rotor Hobby

Else another good alternative is RD6000 .... new set can be purchased from champion hobby ... but beware this shop, they are famous w "taking care newbie" never go alone to buy stuff .....

Check out the market place of this forum http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...=&threadid=235

Cheers

Mike

Comment

The eclipse is a lot of radio for the price u'll be paying.. check it out at rotor's webby..
            Failure is not final,
            Success is never ending:
            It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

The RD6000 is also a lot of radio for the price u're paying.

But for the price Chan sells it for i think E-7 better......

Comment

Now i got two choice

1) Futaba 9C

2) RD6000

if i get Futaba what kind of special function i get from that ? and do zoom need all 9 channel ?

if i get rd6000 what kind of function i missup, can zoom 400 able to fly with that ?

Comment

CP helis needs 6 to fly. (Zoom, Raptor etc)

The extra channels will come in handy for larger helis where it can take the additional weights of extras like Governor, Co-pilot, camera etc etc.

Not too sure about RD, but 9C allows you to have 9 models programmed. That means you can fly 9 different models without having to reprogram the settings and trims etc. That includes planes and gliders. 9C also allows swtiching of frequency range by replacing the module (e.g. from 29->72, but you will need to buy a new receiver.)

Radio is a long term investment. If you have plans to "expand" in a year or 2.. get one with you have less chance of out-growing. If you are just "testing the water", then get a cheap used 6CH radio, and upgrade later. That way, you will loose less when you upgrade.

Some places are known to sell only Tx. Alternatively, you can get a set, and sell the servos and receiver.. but do note that it will be hard to fetch a price equivalent to the listed price even if it is brand new.
                  huh

Comment

if u are considering RD6000,

try RD8000 instead.price would be around $500-$550.00

call this no 91445144.Mr Han Solo.pls take note if u want to fly heli do not buy RD6000 Sports.

enjoy!
                    Sondol first talk later!

Comment

I like to share my PERSONAL opinions about the Radios and are not proven scientifically.

I had used Futaba 9c before, I was disappointed. PM me if you need to know why.

JR 9x, I have seen my close friends using them.......very easy to use. The chrome finish on the face is homogeneous. The sticks are smooth!! The "feel" is very comfortable. The same goes for the JR3810 ADT. Slightly cheaper than the 9x. (The good thing about JR is that they are very backward compatible, modules & Rx are interchangeable....even their chargers are the same from donkey years till now)

I wish I can buy a 9x in the future...so if you can afford it, 9x would be an item on the want to buy list.

About Hitec, I felt their sticks are stiff, but the unit is value for money. Rx's also cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by mechplas

I had used Futaba 9c before, I was disappointed. PM me if you need to know why.
                        Wah....I am a 9chp user and u hooked me Please PM me and I will post here ....I wearing Armour suit.... not afraid of Kana blast

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                          Wah....I am a 9chp user and u hooked me Please PM me and I will post here ....I wearing Armour suit.... not afraid of Kana blast

Mike
                          Sorry...bro. Didn't meant to hook anybody. My opinions could be biased without proper evaluation, so don't get angry after reading my PM. I could have made a mistake.

BTW: If one gets a good radio, commonly accepted by the population, and if its proven and new, chances of having a successful resale value is good. This is a failsafe for newbies who do not know how long they can sustain the "money sucking" hobby.

Comment

mechplas dear,

pls post it in the open so that all beginners can read and learn from real life
                            experience of each individuals using different kind of radios.

my personal opinion about RD8000:-

1) good value for money $500-$550.

2) nice chrome finish.good for picking the nose or twitching one pimples on the field while waiting for your turn to fly.

3) easy to operate.manuals are clear,properly arranged and direct.anybody can set it up.

4) sticks have smooth "feel" as good as JR radios.people keep asking me where do i buy the blue anodised sticks.well it came in with radio.

5) it is light with great ergonomics.good for people like me with small and short fingers.

6) it has 10 memories and can be use for 3 types of aircraft ie helis,aeroplanes and sailplanes.also come with 5points curves and two mixes.

dislikes:

i have been to all the major flying sites in Singapore ie Tampines,MS,Bukit Batok,Bukit Panjang AISS .........
                            it seems that i am the only one using it.

enjoy
                            Sondol first talk later!

Comment

thanks for all comment and input...

hi jaZallo RD8000 at $500-550 is new unit ?

hi mechplas can share your exprience at here so that everybody will know.

Comment

Working...
                              X