Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40a esc

hey i just bought a new esc . what connectors should i use to the because i heard that dean connectoors can only spport up to 30 amp only? please help

if urs are not lousy quality deans(note lousy =/= clone)
    it can last till 60-80amp(trex 500) without any problem...
    was there a bro here that use it for 100amp?(but i think above that u shld change to bullet connectors alr...

so to answer your question.. 40 amp to use proper deans... definitely not a problem..

Comment

I am using a single Dean on my 70mm Twin EDF Rafale, 2 x 60 amp running in parallel, Use watts up meter to measure... peak is about 130 amp when Lipo is full and when voltage is low, I still see 110amp on full throttle, so who says Deans can only take 30amp?

Comment

By the way...

My watts up meter is using Dean connector also.. I use it to measure amp draw and power.

Wire is really hot but deans plug is ok...

Comment

but they say use xt60 is that rue?

Comment

It is true that the XT-60 can take higher amp than Deans connector, but you are using only 40 amp.. Deans.. good enough to handle these low amps.

One thing I dislike about the XT-60 plugs... it is much bigger then the Deans.. when the cockpit/battery compartment had limited space.. a little bigger actually makes a big difference, don't know how to keep the wires...!!

Check out the attached pictures for more information...

Comment

Working...
            X