Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DIY 2.4ghz Mod for Tx

Hello all

Firstly, RC has been a great past time for most of us. With the advancement of technology and a rapid increase of fliers and decrease in land space, more and more of us are jumping into the 2.4ghz bandwagon to avoid frequency clashes, especially in small fields with many fliers.

I myself have decided to embark on this journey. Having had a basic 2.4ghz transmitter with no EPA controls , I felt that i needed a new transmitter. However, having had my sanwa rd6000 super with me for the last few years made me sad to part with it. With little money for a new Tx, especially since the newer 2.4ghz transmitters and Spektrums are over the budget for me, i decided to find a mod for this.

I saw someone mod his transmitter using a DIY method and i searched for it. I found it on "you know what website" , a 2.4ghz DIY mod. Torn between the Assan X8 module hack and Corona 2.4ghz DIY System, i went with the corona as it was slightly cheaper. Also, one of our LHS carries the receiver so I didnt have to order it online if i needed one .

It wasnt that difficult to fix it on the transmitter. A simple search on the net and i found how to mod my transmitter, just needing to solder the antenna to the "module", the + and - and PPM cable to the tx. You need to know where the PPM slot is before attempting to mod.

Before mod

Soldering

Binding button and light

I'll let the pics do the talking on my successful mod. However, all I need to do now... is to test fly it! The binding seems to have worked... range so far was ok having me tried walking under the block for more than 20m. didnt go far as it was night and i cant see well .. Maybe in the morning i'll test it out

The end product

Which character are you test by

This is cool. I have an RD8K lying around!

Comment

Mod it

didnt manage to fly or test properly as weather doesnt look good. Anyone in PFW wanna hook up ? Am gonna test it and would love a partner around ..

Comment

Test was a success but plane crashed

No, not because of the binding issues or lost of range but more of pilot error ~ CG was WAAAAYYYY off . so electronics wise, its successful

Recommended

Comment

alamin! back to RC already?

Comment

Originally posted by csisfun View Post
            alamin! back to RC already?
            Haha Yep~! Not spending as much .. Gonna just concentrate on whatever i have .. Juggling between uni, photography,volunteering and having a gf is hard

Comment

Can a futaba T6xhs be mod? Where did u buy the 2.4 kit?
              Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
              SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
              Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
                Can a futaba T6xhs be mod? Where did u buy the 2.4 kit?
                bro, any Tx with PCM/PPM can be modded bought from H***K**G

there are 2 other alternatives besides this , FrySky which is the cheapest, followed by Corona which im using and Assan which is the most expensive

you need to know where the + and - are and where the PCM/PPM solder is as you need to solder it there ..

Comment

Frsky works? I wonder anyone can help.
                  Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
                  SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
                  Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

Comment

Working...
                  X