Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strobe light

hi guys how do i make a strobe light like those on a jet plane

A short clip of my F-16 blackknights strobe light , The circuit and plane was DIY

Hi there, i have DIY my own circuit board to make Strobe light flashes. Its really simple and easy to do ,and entire cost will be less than $3.

You basic stuffs to get you going though like soildering iron, lead, 26AWG single strand wires.

Or to save time, you could just buy off some night flying electrical systems from our local hobby shops.

This is the link to DIY your own flashing circuit.
    Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Bought a diy cct from Sim Lim Tower for $3.90 and high intensity red led $2. Solder the components onto the pcb. That's all

Comment

The easiest circuit u can try/use is suing LM555 timer. With different capacitor and/or resistor, you can have different blink timing. (Just like u see in the F16 video above).

But.. LM555 is just a timer, and thus, u get single pulse type of signal (that is, blink-pause-blink type). If u want different blink sequence (like blink-blink-blink-pause-pause-blink-blink-blink...which most strobe light do), u need to either:
        1. Extra circuitry with LM555 to produce different blink.
        2. Programmable type like using microcontroller.

SH

Comment

Working...
        X