Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona 2.4GHz procedure

I recently tried installing a Corona 2.4GHz module on my Hitec Optic 6 TX. Binding with the accompanying RX is no problem.

For the next flight on the same RX, the instructions tell the user to "power on the receiver... then power up the transmitter" (scary upside-down sequence contrary to safety common sense, but...)

Ok, here's my question:

(1) When i follow the above manufacturer's instructions: RX red LED flashes quickly for a couple of seconds until it turns solid red, indicating successful binding.

(2) When i do the traditional "power up TX first, followed by RX", the RX LED lights up solid red straightaway, also successful binding.

I'd like to follow procedure (2) as this is the normal practice and safer habit, but perhaps the manufacturer's instructions have some underlying reason??

Grateful for some more insight/opinion from bros here who have more experience with Corona electronics. Thanks.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Yes this is a VERSION 2 corona sequence have this problem. I tried playing both jr and futaba conversion 2.4G corona V2.

The V1 will not have this problem, and is very much stable system. (will not self reset once binding done by switch on either side rx tx, tx rx)

I believe is to run up the rx sequence V2 (copy right design issue - futaba) , to let it stablise before Tx is on. I have played the version 2 several times, I also found that rx will not enguage when there are a few (>3 pax) 2.4g flyers around flying with futaba 2.4g FASS.

For Safety
    I agree to switch on the tx first result ESC will not be "on" and afraid a sudden spin up from motor result a cut. Understanding there is a fail safe feature build into the rx, but it had a spin up on my 2 cells foamies during rx power on sequence 1 that you had mention.

BEWARE and be safe on a more powerful motor which could spin up and had cut by a unintentionally accident.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I quite like the Corona module; the fit into the TX is very good, with a nice, solid "click" and not shaky at all.
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Corona Binding problem.

I have a couple query on the Corona plug in module for Futaba.

1) How do I know what version? Version not stated on Tx module nor the instruction book.

2) I can only bind one Rx and not both RX . Meaning my Tx can control one RX only

3) What is the procedure for binding multiple Rx to one Tx module?

I follow the procedure on the booklet but can only bind one receiver and operate one rx at a time only. This really sucks.

Comment

Corona Binding problem.

I have a couple query on the Corona plug in module for Futaba.

1) How do I know what version? Version not stated on Tx module nor the instruction book.

2) I can only bind one Rx and not both RX . Meaning my Tx can control one RX only

3) What is the procedure for binding multiple Rx to one Tx module?

I follow the procedure but can only bind one receiver and operate at one time only. This really sucks.

Comment

For Corona V1 there is only 1 type of rx.

All other rx is V2. I have the V1 and you have to bind all rx (1 at a time) in binding mode without swithcing the Tx off. i would think this is the same for V2. If you buy additional rx u have to do all over again.

Comment

Working...
            X