Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming FF9, upgrade from FF3

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here - In fact I am a newbie to the sport.....and I like to built thing.

I have a project that needs a 2+3 channel operation,

First Channel need to mix with 2 slave channel,
    Second Channel need to mix with 1 slave channel.

At present this project is working ok with Futaba FF3/Assan 2.4 sys and 2unit of Futaba MSA10.
    My problem is I only can adjust the other 2 "slave" CH from MSA10 not the transmitter for throw etc, hence can't tell how many % adjusted without and indication/display on MSA10.

This is the connection at present:

CH 1 to MSA10 output to 2 servo and mix with CH 3
    CH 2 to MSA10 output to 1 servo and 1 ESC
    The 2 MSA10 and CH3 connect to ASSAN 4CH micro receiver

My model is a custom built 6x6x6 APC

CH 1 to MSA10:
    Output 1 = first axle main steering
    Output 2 = second axle steering (same direction but need difference throw and travel % hence need the upgrade from MSA10)

CH 3 to third axle steering mix with CH1 Master and 4WS function (it steer to the same direction if master steering move Less then 50% max (adjustable) to create a "crab walk", if more then 50% it will go the opposite to reduce turning dia.)

Ch 2 to MSA10:
    Output 1 = BL ESC
    Output 2 = Sanwa ALB (ABS pulse module) to servo to hydraulic brake master cylinder.

I have a old Futaba FF9 (T9ZAP) Mode2 and it also works with ASSAN 2.4 , I want to use this transmitter to eliminate the 2 unit of MSA10.

After reading thru the manu im still unable to mix ONE master to TWO slave for the steering, I need the Right left/right stick for steering and Left up/down for throttle.

My question is:

1) How to ALE (my main steer on Right left/right stick) mix with ELE (2nd axel steer) and mix with RUD (3rd axle steer with 4WS function?)

2) And THO(throttle on Left up/down stick) to mix with which CH? Best for the brake servo operation.

My other question:

3) If the above all sorted out, how to utilize other 4 more CH, Im thinking of using 2 more CH with Sanwa ALB for individual axle braking system and last 2 CH for propulsion and rudder when I make it amphibious.

4) How to change the symbol of the FF9 and customize it from AIL to "STE”, RUD to "4WS" etc.

5) I’m using 3 Futaba 148 servo for steering now, because my ESC only support 6V 3A and I need high power servo ,currently looking at SGP Reactor X2, but still trying to figure out the connection, what other option do I have? If I can find 3 KO PS2123 FET 7.2V servos then I don’t need the BEC system right? because I can connect it direct to the 2S Lipo?

6) Also I saw, on another forum, a post talking about using pitch and throttle curves for helicopters and connecting the ESC to the AUX 1 port on the receiver.... But I know nothing about helicopter setup so I’m struggling to understand.

7) I'm going to order 2 spring from LHS for the Left up/down stick to make it self center for the throttle, can it set up to 70% throttle 30% brake travel on the stick like FF3?

Any advice greatly received.

Thank a lot.

Working...
X