Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmitter????????

HI bros,
    I'm a newbie to this hobby, need some advice from seniors. May I know which 9-ch transmitter is capable of inter-mixing and programming of all the channels and quite affordable?

Hi

JR DSX9 bro....

Comment

I assume u are referring to:
      1. Can assign any channel to any switches/sticks
      2. Can program mixing functions.

If yes, then Hitec Aurora 9 is one of them also. The Aurora 9 RX (Optima?) is cheaper than Spektrum and Futaba.

SH

Comment

Some old flying buddies used to tell me the wonders of Multiplex radio cos of its abilities of mixing programs of all channels.

U can never go wrong with German products. Check with RCS. He used to own one as far as I can remember.

The ROYALpro is the radio control system for the demanding hobby pilot and expert alike, and this set can now also be purchased with the new MULTIPLEX M-LINK 2.4 GHz transmission technology.
        The following variants are available:
        ROYALpro 7 7-channel version, 15 model memories
        ROYALpro 9 9-channel version, 20 model memories
        ROYALpro 16 16-channel version, 36 model memories
        With the exception of the number of channels and model memories, all three variants offer the same familiar facilities and features adopted from the ROYALpro:
        • Comprehensive set-up and mixer facilities for fixed-wing model aircraft and helicopters
        • Various model templates for fixed-wing model aircraft and helicopters minimise the programming effort required
        Unrestricted function assignments for transmitter controls, switches and servos
        • Up to four flight phases per model, with phase-specific trims
        • Three timers, supplementary model / transmitter operating timers
        • Five function buttons and two 3-D digi-adjusters for simple, user-friendly programming
        • Six menu buttons for direct access to the main menus
        • Plain text menu system in several national languages (DE, EN, FR, IT, ES)
        • Ergonomically optimised case design suitable for transmitter trays and hand-held use
        • Large, graphics-capable folding screen
        • Cruciform trim buttons provide digital trims, specific to each flight phase
        • MULTIPLEX multi-function socket fitted as standard
        (transmitter battery charge socket, Trainer socket, PC interface for firmware updates, data management and simulator operation) A detailed description and overview of the characteristics and features of the ROYALpro can be found in our current main catalogue, in the special ROYALpro brochure, or on our website at www.multiplex-rc.de.
        The new, additional advantages are as follows:
        • Fully integrated M-LINK 2.4 GHz transmission technology
        The new M-LINK 2.4 GHz transmission technology is integrated into the transmitter without spoiling its elegant appearance. A menu is provided as an easy and convenient means of activating the special operating modes of Binding and Power Reduction (for range-checking). This eliminates the need to operate inaccessible buttons or interpret complicated LED codes. The FAIL-SAFE positions in the receiver can also be set from the transmitter using a dedicated menu.
        • 16-channel operation
        One special feature of the ROYALpro 16 with the HFM4 M-LINK 2.4 GHz RF module is its ability to transmit sixteen fully proportional channels, i.e. it provides four auxiliary channels. These always operate with full servo travel, and are intended for supplementary working systems in the model. If you wish to exploit these additional channels you must use the RX-16-DR pro M-LINK 16-channel receiver.
        • Feedback channel / Telemetry
        If you use a receiver with telemetry facilities (min. RX-7-DR M-LINK or RX-9-DR M-LINK), the actual voltage of the receiver power supply is displayed on the transmitter screen. If the voltage falls below a (variable) minimum value, an audible warning signal alerts you that your receiver battery is almost flat. This means that you are constantly aware of the state of the receiver battery, as well as the condition of the transmitter battery (as previously). An important extra safety feature!

You can also set up an on-screen display of supplementary telemetry data from the model (this requires sensors connected to the receiver, e.g. voltage, current, temperature). Typical applications: motor temperature, flight battery voltage, motor current drain. See page 21 for details of telemetry sensors.

Comment

Aurora 9

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
          I assume u are referring to:
          1. Can assign any channel to any switches/sticks
          2. Can program mixing functions.

If yes, then Hitec Aurora 9 is one of them also. The Aurora 9 RX (Optima?) is cheaper than Spektrum and Futaba.

SH
          Yes, you can get Optima 7 (7 channels) receiver for the price of Spektrum AR6100 receiver (6 channels)

Thanks
          عبد

Comment

hi

Originally posted by f22 View Post
            JR DSX9 bro....
            WTS: JR DSX9 transmitter with reciever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes with standard accessories and additional strap balancer and stand. Condition 9/10. Selling at $699.

Interested pls contact me at hp:91442611. Gavin

Comment

14Mz?

WTS: JR DSX9 transmitter with reciever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes with standard accessories and additional strap balancer and stand. Condition 9/10. Selling at $699.

Interested pls contact me at hp:91442611. Gavin
              If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

hi

Originally posted by ehawk View Post
                14Mz?
                he wanted a 9ch not 14ch okie.....

Comment

Thanks for the advise, will consider the following models and work within my budget.

Comment

he wanted a 9ch not 14ch okie.....
                    LOL ...I believe Ehawk was asking if YOU are planning upgrade to 14MZ !

....11X ???
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by JDaddy View Post
                      Thanks for the advise, will consider the following models and work within my budget.
                      Hi JDaddy,

Whatever you decide on, do also check the prices of the Rx (receivers) that work with the Tx (transmitter) you narrow down on. The Tx itself is a one-time investment, but if you progress in this hobby you will likely be buying more than one Rx. Then the cost of Rxs will figure on your wallet :>

Unlike FM Txs, with 2.4GHz Txs, you usually get locked into that particular brand of Rx, and some brands are quite costly.

OK, just something to keep in mind as you look around.

Happy hunting :>
                      ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

Originally posted by Crafter View Post
                        Hi JDaddy,

Whatever you decide on, do also check the prices of the Rx (receivers) that work with the Tx (transmitter) you narrow down on. The Tx itself is a one-time investment, but if you progress in this hobby you will likely be buying more than one Rx. Then the cost of Rxs will figure on your wallet :>

Unlike FM Txs, with 2.4GHz Txs, you usually get locked into that particular brand of Rx, and some brands are quite costly.

OK, just something to keep in mind as you look around.

Happy hunting :>
                        I had considered on this RX issue when purchasing more RX in the future. So what would your recomendation be for RX that is economical and the TX that is reliable...... Wanted to get a 2.4mhz Futaba 6 channel but additional RX cost is more than 50% of the transmitter... this kept me thinking and looking..... any help is recommended. Cheers!

Comment

From what I know, comparing Futaba, Spektrum, JR, Hitec (branded...not those char par lang china brand), Hitec RX is the cheapest.

I bought a few Hitec 2.4GHz optima 9 channel and 7 channels RX recently.

SH

Comment

Hi Experts,

One question: whether the above recomended transmitters can provide the free-selection of any channels just like the Mutiplex Transmitter?

Example:
                            Throttle assigned to 100% Motor 1, 100% Motor 2 & 100% Motor 3.
                            Ailerons assigned to 100% Ailerons, 10% Motor 1 & 10% Motor 2.

Thanks

Comment

U said:
                              Example:
                              Throttle assigned to 100% Motor 1, 100% Motor 2 & 100% Motor 3.
                              Ailerons assigned to 100% Ailerons, 10% Motor 1 & 10% Motor 2.

Don't really get you. Are u asking whether can assign/tie:
                              Throttle stick to 3 channels. Then this 3 channels you going to connect to 3 ESC for the motor 1, 2 and 3.
                              Lets called it Channel 1, 2, and 3.

Then Aileron stick u want to assign to a channel that you going to use it as Aileron. Lets called it channel 4.. On top of that, the aileron stick also control/mix the channel 1 and 2 but with only 10% ratio?

That is:
                              Channel #1 goes to ESC #1.
                              Channel #2 goes to ESC #2
                              Channel #3 goes to ESC #3
                              EDIT: Channel #4 (aileron) goes to Aileron. (To control motor tilting? )

If yes, then I would say, Hitec Aurora 9 should be able to do that. Let me go home and try it out on my Aurora 9 first.

If u don't mind to change a bit, it can even be done on Futaba 9CHP as well but u required more channels on the RX instead. Take example, in Futaba 9CHP, the Channel 1 to 4 is fixed to the stick. That leave only channel 5 to 8 u can use (why I said 8 is because, when u use 2.4GHz module, u cannot use the 9th channel. Unless maybe u use Futaba 2.4GHz module).

Then u use the "Programming Mix" to mix the channel 5 to 8 to the throttle stick and aileron stick instead. In this case, your motor #1 and #2 is connected to channel 5, 6 or 7 or 8.

Even other brand that support the programming mix should be able to do that....UNLESS u want to use channel 5 and above for other things...then u need those that can assign channel 1 to 9 to any sticks...just like Aurora 9 or Multiplex.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X