Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change all switches on Futaba 9c to 3 position

Anyone tried making all of their 9c switches to 3 position?

I have got into the service menu and changed one 2 postion switch (switch A) from "2POS" to "3POS", after that i boot up the tx and i am able to use the switch like a 3 position switch in terms of software although physically its still 2 position.

It works the same but when i hold it at middle position, the servo test menu show the pulse to be at middle. So theoretically, i can change all the switches to 3 position as the software allows that.

Anyone have done this "mod" or have any advise?

That doesn't make sense cuz 2 position and 3 position switches are wired differently. i.e. 3 position switches have 3 wires connected to the switch whereas 2 position switches only need 2 so even holding a 2 position switch in the middle, it shouldn't change that fact.

Comment

probably not, likely that they are using the same wiring. 3 contact points for every switch.

For 2 pos switch, 3pins straight forward, works like a SPDT switch. Every position is connected.

For 3 pos switch, 4pins probably, the middle pin is not connnected to anything. When the switch is in middle,the computer sense that there is no connections and think that it is at middle pos.

I have tested channel 5, 6, 7 with switch A, B, G. It really works like a 3 position switch., when I hold the switch in the middle and the servo went to mid position with it, when switch is up, the servo is at on end, and other when the switch is down.

But i havent took it out to fly yet, so i dont know the implications.

Comment

Working...
      X