Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1,000,001 servos. I just need a couple.

I got a Hitec CRX and a Hitec DCX RX Dual conversion Rx. I'm looking for a Hitec servo for 2 of my cars:

1. HPI MT2 (throttle and steering)
    2. Tamiya Hornet (steering only)
    3. (Future) Ho Bao Hyper 7

Is it true that trucks/buggies need a servo with higher torque?

Also, I'm sure I need to get a battery charger. Those wall plug ones that go for less than $50 are slow. The 'dedicated' ones are like $200 or more. Let's say I'd like to get my batteries (most likely 9.6V for the Tx batt pack, 7.2V for the Hornet/MT2 Rotor starter and 6V for the MT2 electronics) charged up in about 1hr, 2 at max. Which charger would you recommend? And I don't drive a (real) car.

Thanks for reading this!
    I can haz diving?

Hmm.....will someting like this do?

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={CE4CC2DC-A8BC-429B-B9BD-A1F795202699}
    I can haz diving?

Comment

BX 213 Mh charger u want ??
      Rotor retailing at $250 ...

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={CE4CC2DC-A8BC-429B-B9BD-A1F795202699}

go to website abv to see..

I got one . selling $160 . ( six mth old )
      1-10 cell .. Nimh / Nicad
      up to 8amp charge current..
      very popular among car racers.. ( RC )

sms 97683387 if u want and quick
      cos i leavng this country on 1 may05 ... for 2 yrs..

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
        I got a Hitec CRX and a Hitec DCX RX Dual conversion Rx. I'm looking for a Hitec servo for 2 of my cars:

Also, I'm sure I need to get a battery charger. Those wall plug ones that go for less than $50 are slow. The 'dedicated' ones are like $200 or more. Let's say I'd like to get my batteries (most likely 9.6V for the Tx batt pack, 7.2V for the Hornet/MT2 Rotor starter and 6V for the MT2 electronics) charged up in about 1hr, 2 at max. Which charger would you recommend? And I don't drive a (real) car.

Thanks for reading this!
        for the cars you are looking at, i would say that a Hitec 645 is good enuff.
        Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Thanks for reading this!
          Yap, trucks and buggies require high torque servo for steering control.

As for charger, try Hitec CG340 around S$70 at rotor. Can charge 1-16 cells of NiMH and NiCd. You will need a high amp DC power supply or just connect to your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
            for the cars you are looking at, i would say that a Hitec 645 is good enuff.
            Hmm. Thanks! I was eyeing that one! Actually, their titanium ones make me drool but I think it's too un-cheap. :P (*phew* saved some $$$)
            I can haz diving?

Comment

Hmm. Thanks! I was eyeing that one! Actually, their titanium ones make me drool but I think it's too un-cheap. :P (*phew* saved some $$$)
              i was using a 645 on a buggy and it was ok. aiya, since we not racing, no need to go for those tear pocket things lah

Comment

Ok, can someone tell me what all those fiddly bits that come in the box with the servo are for?

I can haz diving?

Comment

Ok, can someone tell me what all those fiddly bits that come in the box with the servo are for?
                  the black rubbers?

its to protect the 'ears' of your servo. you are suppose to wrap it round the 'ears' so that when you tighten, you dun crack the plastic. also it provides some absorption for vibration that the servo is getting when we are running it.

Comment

I see. Are those extra arms ever used? I'm thinking maybe they will be good for car kits where u gotta get your own electronics. But seems like the linkages from my MT2 are too thick for the servo's arms.
                    I can haz diving?

Comment

I see. Are those extra arms ever used? I'm thinking maybe they will be good for car kits where u gotta get your own electronics. But seems like the linkages from my MT2 are too thick for the servo's arms.
                      some cars uses different arms so if you are someone who changes car quite a bit, yes, you are gonna need it in future.

as for the rod being to thick for the hole, have you tried KY lubricant? :na :na :na :na

poke the hole bigger can liao lah

Comment

Thanks for reading this!
                        Hitec HS645 for steering and HS625 for throttle seems to be the favourite choice. Cheap and good!

For charger, I'd like to have a peak charger that can do the following

1) charges NiCd and NiMh 1 to at least 10 cells. One is important for charging your glow plug starter. Then you have 5 cells for Rx pack, 6, 7 cells for electric cars, and 8 cells for Tx batts.

2) discharge function.

3) cycling function. Sometimes you need to cycle your batts to get them back to peak condition.

4) AC/DC supply. To make things simpler for you. Just let you know that the better chargers don't have AC supply option.

5) At least 5A charging current.

6) A digital display. I'd like to know how much current is going in, wat's the voltage and charging rate.

7) With biult-in cooling fan. Gotta keep things cool!

8) Adjustable charging rates. Hate those with fixed or fixed step rates.

9) Cheap and good!

Cheers!
                        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Working...
                        X