Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice needed on simulation program

Hi all

As I am a newbie wanting to go into this hobby, I decided i need to get the flight simulator to get a feel of it before heading in and buying the actual stuff.
    I need advice on the simulation program i am going to get.

1 ) RealFlight R/C Flight Simulator with their own transmitter that only works for the program but not on actual helis or planes

2 ) Phoenix RC Flight Simulator with jack compatabile to almost any actual transmitter in the market

Both price wise is almost similar.

Thanks in advance for all the advice and comments

I think the retail price for RealFlight is higher than Phoenix . Unless you're talking about RealFlight Basic.

Anyway having used Phoenix before, I can say that one good thing about this program is that the updates are available online for free download. The updates also frequently contain new models and sceneries.

However, the USB TX that comes with RealFlight is quite convenient. You don't have to maintain a separate TX (and manage the battery life!) - although some say that it's actually better to train with the actual TX that you'll be using, so...

As for the realism, each has its own quirks... e.g. after getting used to Phoenix, I can fly quite well in this sim, but can still crash like a newbie when I tried my friend's RealFlight 3

Some also say that Phoenix simulates RC helis more realistically than RealFlight... anyone can comment on this? I don't have that much chance to try RealFlight to know the difference.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

tks for the reply fox ....

I was also thinking about it ... maybe it is better to train with the actual thingy but then will reduce the battery life for the transmitter .

I think in the long run ... getting phoenix is better for my pocket wise ... haha

Comment

each has its perks...depending on which kind of flying you want to venture into, heli or plane

realflight has a usb controller, but it does not stop you from linking to your own transmitter

interface and control wise it is similar i would say...haven't bought a sim in a while...what's the price difference like?

Comment

I am using realflight, i too feel that the heli is not realistic, comparing when i fly in sim and real life.

I dont know about phoenix, never tried it before.

Comment

Working...
          X