Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Made Navigation and SearchLight Controller

Here is my latest navigation lights and one controllable search/landing light controller. Lights is controlled by PIC16F628A (microcontroller) and the search/landing lights can be any LED ranging from normal Ultra bright to 10Watt (So far I manage to find 10Watt in Sim Lim Tower). It can go even higher because the power for the search light is control by MOSFET (IRFZ44N)

On the left is the older version that I build for Adrianli for his EC145. On the right is newer one. Same design except smaller size.

On top is to connect to all the navigations and strobe lights and as well the search/landing light.

Bottom is the i/p voltage (2S LiPoly to 20Volt). The extra connector is to connect to any channel of the RX (to turn ON/OFF search/landing light)

To Adrianli... do u want your old one or want to replace to this new one?

SH

I prefer the older module. Too many pins, I see already.

Comment

OK.

The new one with a lot of pins... the top and bottom pins are redundant. Can cut off. The side 5 pins is mend for ICSP (in circuit serial programming). It can also allow to connect to any of the 2nd row of pins in order to "boost" up the current to the LED. Each pin can supply up to 8mA (Can't remember). By connect two pins together, the o/p current can go double...thus brighter.

SH

Comment

what is the power resistor used for?

Comment

The power resistor is for the 3Watt or 5Watt or 10Watt search/landing light.

EDIT: Not necessary LED. It can also be use for Halogen or Filament light bulb. or even brushed motor. If for use for Halogen or brushed motor, then just replace the resistor to a simple wire. So long as the current do not exceed 20Amps (IRFZ44N can support up to 49Amp..but I did not put heatsink. With heatsink, it can go maybe 40Amps).

SH

Comment

no wonder you didn't solder them. by the way, I like the idea of stacking the boards. It makes the whole thing look really compact

Comment

Thanks. By stacking, it also allow u change the either of the board. Take example, u decided to replace the schematics design for the controller, then just unplug it and replace by a new board.

SH

Comment

Cool Stuff!!!

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                Here is my latest navigation lights and one controllable search/landing light controller. Lights is controlled by PIC16F628A (microcontroller) and the search/landing lights can be any LED ranging from normal Ultra bright to 10Watt (So far I manage to find 10Watt in Sim Lim Tower). It can go even higher because the power for the search light is control by MOSFET (IRFZ44N)

On the left is the older version that I build for Adrianli for his EC145. On the right is newer one. Same design except smaller size.

On top is to connect to all the navigations and strobe lights and as well the search/landing light.

Bottom is the i/p voltage (2S LiPoly to 20Volt). The extra connector is to connect to any channel of the RX (to turn ON/OFF search/landing light)

To Adrianli... do u want your old one or want to replace to this new one?

SH

Comment

Working...
                X