Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JR DSX9 vs Futaba 10c

Currently using an optic 6 and am thinking of upgrading. Have been Eyeballing the two - DSX9 and 10c - as i wanna get into larger planes and i believe that i would be necessary to invest in a more reliable tx and rx.

I dont quite get why the DSX9 is remarkably more pricey as compared to the 10c even though it is one channel less as compared to the 10c. May i get some feedback/advice from those who are using/used these transmitters?

Thanks in advance.
    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

futaba 10c!

pls come to F side!
    [SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]DagoRed Rs131MPH[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIGPIC]

Comment

optic6 is more similar to futaba in setting.. and can buddy cord with futaba set.. so, you can pass the optic6 to friend that want to learn flying and buddy cord him with you futaba(if you get it)

Comment

The choice of brand is a rather personal one. If you are not using that 1 extra channel, then my say is to stick with the brand which you are familiar with.

The next consideration point would be the cost of running the selected system. The cost of the RX and the features set that you can program in the controller. Reading up the user manual of each Tx that you want to buy would be very helpful.

The design of the controller, button placement and feel when handling it should be another important factor to consider since you are now moving on to a much higher end setup that will likely be with you for a long while.
        ------------------
        Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
        Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
        OS 91HZ
        RJX 90sz Muffler
        HC3-SX
        Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
        Align D650 Tail
        GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
        Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
        RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
        Align D610 Cyclic
        Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
        Raptor 50 SE
        Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

If you are getting into very large planes which require 10channels, then neither will fit the bill because the 10c is not a real 10channel. It has 8 proportional channels with the remaining two as on/off only.

It is a personal preference for tx. Nobody can help you. Some say the 9x feels so good, but to me, just holding it feels weird when compared to a futaba.

The joystick on the 10c is very nice, but it can be really loose from the factory.

I am not sure if it still applies today with currency exchange going crazy, but in the past JR was a lot cheaper when you buy from taiwan or japan. The saving was like 20% or more, after gst and shipping.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SniperWj View Post
            futaba 10c!

pls come to F side!
            haha very keen bro.. prolly we can meet up some day to let me molest your tx.
            Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
              If you are getting into very large planes which require 10channels, then neither will fit the bill because the 10c is not a real 10channel. It has 8 proportional channels with the remaining two as on/off only.

It is a personal preference for tx. Nobody can help you. Some say the 9x feels so good, but to me, just holding it feels weird when compared to a futaba.

The joystick on the 10c is very nice, but it can be really loose from the factory.

I am not sure if it still applies today with currency exchange going crazy, but in the past JR was a lot cheaper when you buy from taiwan or japan. The saving was like 20% or more, after gst and shipping.
              sorry for my ignorance but what is the meaning of a "proportional channel"
              Actually, my main concern is its reliability. Spectrum receivers have been rumored to lock up during operation.

Comment

Why not consider Airtronics SD10 or Futaba 8FG ? I think they are cheaper and better in programming.

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                  sorry for my ignorance but what is the meaning of a "proportional channel"
                  Actually, my main concern is its reliability. Spectrum receivers have been rumored to lock up during operation.
                  Proportional channel is like channel 1 to 4, it goes how much you tell it to move.
                  Non-propo channels are like a switch, its either min or max, 1 or 0 only.

Comment

Originally posted by zxyong View Post
                    Proportional channel is like channel 1 to 4, it goes how much you tell it to move.
                    Non-propo channels are like a switch, its either min or max, 1 or 0 only.
                    ok thanks. understooded.

Comment

GO jr

Go JR X9303 OR DSX9..i feel its better value as u can choose which RX u want to play with. Go spektrum RX for yur park flyers and small electrics and get the JR RX for the nitro and hopefully GAS planes. its gives u better choice. as for function issues, its like handphone brands. just a matter of gettin use to thats all

cheers bro
                      In The Hangar
                      BH - SU26M - OS Powered
                      BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
                      In The Dock
                      Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
                      In The Garage
                      JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Originally posted by NUDGE View Post
                        Go JR X9303 OR DSX9..i feel its better value as u can choose which RX u want to play with. Go spektrum RX for yur park flyers and small electrics and get the JR RX for the nitro and hopefully GAS planes. its gives u better choice. as for function issues, its like handphone brands. just a matter of gettin use to thats all

cheers bro
                        ok thanks bro, will prolly have to go down to test out both the feel and functionality of both radios.

Cheers!

Comment

Just to inquire from NUDGE, you seem to mention that JR is better than Spektrum. If they both use the so called DSM2 technology, would they have the same performance?

Comment

Working...
                          X